{s2, p12}

Kaydence Naomii HicksTampa, Florida October{22}

Tampa, Florida
October
{22}

Wasssgoood

Sevyn Streeter played in the background, as I focused on getting my eight count together as I watched the camera.

I wouldn't say I was out of shape badly, but boy was I rusty. I made it one of my biggest goals to get back to the dancer I use to be.

I realized dance was something I truly still loved and wanted to be apart of. Whether I danced with people or just by myself i just know its something I really loved.

I watched the video as I started pointing out my errors so that I could do it again and perfect them. I think if I continue to practice and flourish, I can really be the dancer I wanna be.

A knock on the studio door intrigued me as a man walked in.

He was tall, he stood about 6'5 with a caramel complexion and his hair wasn't dreaded but it was nicely done in some braids.

"I'm Tim, I don't mean to scare you or anything". He chuckled walking in, "I just saw your dancing, and you seem to be a great dancer. when did you start"? He asked.

"Um I started as a kid, and just blossomed from there. but I'm really rusty, hadn't danced in a while". I ranted.

"well I won't hold you long, my girls they love dance. and it's hard for them to get in a dance group when it's so many rules and regulations. I mean they were apart of one but they got too old for it so they had to leave and no one else will pick them up". He explained to me.

"Oh um, I'm no coach or anything like that. I don't even have my own dance group". I confirmed.

"How old are your girls"? I asked, "their 15 and 16". He responded as I nodded.

"I'm sorry that it's like that for them and dance it's kind of a touchy thing for me. I mean I have to find my groove again". I told him. I honestly didn't wanna take the girls in while I was still finding my way.

Kyrie would tell me to go ahead with it, he'd always tells me that it's okay to inspire others. It's okay to let people see the real me and not the pretend me.

"and that fine. I see the ring on your finger I don't mean any trouble seriously, so here's my business number. If you would ever consider taking them under your wing with dance give me a call. I'll appreciate it and I'm pretty sure they will too". He told me as I nodded.

"Um, even if I can't get to your girls. My name is Kaydence, I danced for Southern. They can always watch and learn from there on YouTube". I replied.

I sighed to myself, I felt like I couldn't coach them or let alone anybody if I couldn't even teach myself to get back right. I didn't know if I had it in me.

I went over my eight count a few more times, in the mist of dance. I felt so alive and in a happy state. Dance was something nobody could ruin for me or take away from me. Everything about it just screamed Kaydence for me.