O. I am the ruin you made

They will be like shadows, they will be like wraiths, gray members of a congregation of nightmare; hark! his long wavering howl . . . an aria of fear made audible.

The wolfsong is the sound of the rending you will suffer, in itself a murdering

Angela Carter.

━━━━━━━━━

I.

Aerea was an ugly thing, he mused to himself. And yet, there was a grace seething just beneath. Fractured remnants of a beauty long gone; slave to scars and wounds, barely healed. But none of it mattered to her. To anyone. Because it didn't matter how many scars that littered her pale flesh, none of them could resolve the absence of burns. Over five hundred days lost, clutching onto the back of an ancient beast that almost rivalled Vhagar, and not a scorch mark on her.

The Unburnt, they called her. He'd been slapped when he suggested that perhaps she was more dragon than any of them, but it hadn't deterred his mind.

Aerea Targaryen, claimed bastard daughter of Daemon Targaryen, rider of Vermithor, didn't burn when put to flame. How could she be anything but pure, molten fire, direct from thedragon's belly?

Criston Cole smacked his head when he noticed he wasn't paying attention to the Queen Alicent's talk. It did nothing but aid him in being more discreet in his distraction.

Aerea had seen what was beyond. Had beheld that vicious, tormenting future, and returned unscathed.

A piece of her was now tied to him, forever. And he would be certain not to allow anything to unravel them.

II.

Alternatively, in which the lost, bastard daughter of Daemon Targaryen, faces the fire west of Westeros, and binds herself to a prophecy and a civil war.

━━━━━━━━━

DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER. House of the Dragon and all related media belong to George RR Martin, however, all the the original characters and their respective plot lines are all owned by me.

CONTENT WARNING. Mid-level violence, discussions of martial and psychological abuse, mild depictions of physical abuse. Sexual themes. Descriptions of gore, specifically bug infestation of the skin. (It's a lot so be warned.) Canon typical incest (can't do much about that, sorry — but it has nothing to do with the main pairings.)

TIMELINE. House of the Dragon Season 1 ━━ TBD (Canon divergence.)

PAIRINGS. Aerea Targaryen 𝒙 Multiple Characters.

DEDICATIONS. darklinganti love-joys ohmyolympusssy queens-hope

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

not an aemond fic not an alicent fic but a third, more secret thing. (oc x oc)

turns out the aemond & alicent fics were actually pranks and i have a larger oc x oc hotd fic that randomly came to me whilst struggling to write the summaries. anyways in the two hour's ive had aerea ive decided she is my baby my absolute love my one and only. idk who her endgame li is going to be idek if she's going to end up with anyone just know that her story SMACKS and is better than anything I've ever previously concocted.

also i cannot write summaries to save my life so the prologue is going to be MONSTROUS but very necessary so please read it. i will probably rewrite the summary when i think i can convey everything i need too better so... please enjoy :)