𝐸𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛- 𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑦

Robin sat, tapping her feet on the floor beneath the table. The game had gone on for a few hours by that point- however, the three in the kitchen hadn't moved a muscle. Their conversations had been about anything and everything; debates, agreements, the wrongs of the world and the rights- and in honesty, it had all worked out to be a perfect evening.

The group in the other room had grown louder at points, emitting the sounds of their role-played fun and suffering at the monsters they had come across. A key point was one in which Eddie had alerted them about a rogue army of enemies, the adventurers going ballistic at the thought of them, and Max yelling for them to shut up. It all seemed to be kicking off, but it had become terribly late.

Nancy quietened at the opposite end of the table, diminishing the conversation as she stared down at the wrist watch which was being sported at the bottom of her hand. Robin paused, watching for a moment as Wheeler blinked and lifted her head.

"Do you guys realise the time?"

It was pitch black outside, only the faintest light from the inside streaming out. The woods around Steve's house were thick; dense enough for a person to not be seen even if only a footstep in. It was a caged feeling, for the border to be so lifeless.

Steve paused for a minute, tilting his head towards the dark of the night before pulling himself from the counter to allow a stroll to the hallway. He stepped forward, resting place in the doorway. There was a clock on the wall slightly inwards to the corridor, so he looked at it before sinking faintly in the space.

"Jesus." Harrington stated as Robin turned to his direction. "It's two thirty."

Buckley's mouth dropped slightly at the truth.
"We've been talking for that long?"

Nancy nodded. "I mean, it's not really that late..."

"- it's late enough for me to want them all out of my house."

Steve backtracked slightly to beckon the others with him, moping down the hallway as they caught up.
The three of them walked, making their slow way towards the dining room to round up the club. Robin knew that they wouldn't be happy with the sudden need of departure, but if it was what the house owner wanted, it was what was going to happen.

As they reached the doorway, the playing group silenced.
The Dungeon Master stirred slightly, snapping his view onto the disrupters. They waited for a moment, anticipating an uproar- however, all that was spoken was a: "Yes?"

Steve stepped inwards, careful with what he decided to say.

"I know you're gonna hate us- but I think it's time for you guys to pack up."

The members surrounding the table looked completely taken aback.
Erica blinked, screwing her features up into a look of disgust.
"Surely we're not at a stoppable point?"

She turned towards Eddie, who looked to be having some sort of inner crisis. He sat for a moment, completely ridged as his eyes burnt into the boarded screen.

"You want us out?" He questioned, moving his eyes back onto Steve and the others in the doorway.

Harrington nodded and another moment went by. The others patiently waited for an answer. It was obvious that they didn't want to stop, but they knew that it was Eddie and Steve's decision at the end of the day.

"...well," words were finally spoken, "very luckily, we're at a standstill at the moment. Nothing of immense importance is evident at the moment... so I suppose, with great misery, that we can pause our adventure until we all meet again."

An aura of understanding sadness swelled up the room.

"Bullshit." Erica fought against as the rest automatically began to clear the scene. Her hands were resting on her hips as she stood, gaze burning into the ones who were obeying the rules.