𝕘𝕚𝕗𝕥 ୨୧

"I have something to tell you"

Nahoya has been feeling nauseous these past few days. He's here standing right in front of Ran to tell him the reason why.

"I'm pregnant"

"That's not a very nice prank, sweetheart."

"I'm for real"

Ran stands motionless at the news.

"W..." the older falters.

'What?' was what he's probably going to ask. He's probably thinking that he could've misheard it or he could've imagined it, or he could've dreamt about it. Smiley has expected a reaction like this. It's no surprise. That was out of the blue.

"Sorry," Ran apologizes, "can you say that again?"

"I am pregnant"

Smiley tried to say it slowly to make it clear for Ran that it wasn't a mistake nor an imagination nor a dream. This is reality. If Ran heard Nahoya telling him that he's pregnant, then he heard Nahoya right.

Ran finally seems to realize that. Because Smiley can see tears from him until he covers his eyes with the palm of his hand.

"Shit," Ran cusses.

It's enough to come to a conclusion from the way Ran is covering his eyes that he's crying but he doesn't want Smiley to see it.

Nahoya smiles. He, however, did not expect a reaction like this. Ran doesn't cry but guess he can't help himself. Looking back now, he's been wishing for a baby so bad. He never really shut up about it.

Ran wipes his tears. He puts his hand down and looks at Nahoya. The orange-head can see how red and puffy Ran's eyes are this time.

"Are you okay?," Ran replies instead.

"I'm okay," Smiley tells.

"Really?"

"Really"

Ran stops and continues to look at Nahoya. His eyes soften, "I'm a dad."

It's so precious that Smiley can't help but laugh, "Yeah."

Before Nahoya knows it, he's clinched in Ran's arms, pressed to his chest, pulled into an embrace. Smiley reciprocates. They stay like that for a while.

Then Ran cups Smiley's cheeks and kisses the other's lips, "I love you Nahoya."

"I love you, too Ran"

Ran kneels down to kiss Nahoya's stomach, "I love you, too Happy."