𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛- 𝑀𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑤𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑏𝑒 𝑏𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔

"I feel kinda bad, y'know."

Steve and Robin were sprawled out on the couch; lights dimmed and peace contained. The rest of the visitors had gone home in silence, reflecting on the situation that had happened in the recent time.

Harrington tilted his head towards the other, processing the words that had been said.
"Why'd you think he reacted like he did?"

He didn't say it in a malicious, non-understanding way, just a curious one. Robin blinked.

"It's pretty shit when you get left out of the things you enjoy."

"True." A reply as he tilted his head back onto the fabric. "They should've thought about that, to be honest."

Robin pursed her lips together in a 'hm' sound.
"They get too carried away to think."

"Also true."

It was told that Will was quiet on the way home; thinking to himself and not saying a word. They had had to enter the house quietly, dodging a sleeping Hopper and apologising to a tired mother. Harrington had said his sorries as he ushered them into the building.

It was three thirty by the time that everything had settled again, and the two of them were simply exhausted. The television was off, displaying nothing but a plain black screen- however, it didn't stop them from staring into the abyss of it, silence filling their mouths once more.

Robin laid comfortably in the pyjamas that she had found in the spare room drawer, very obviously being her own from the time before. They were grey satin with a darker grey trim, white buttons travelling down the middle. She usually wasn't in the greatest favour of them, but they were doing their job well enough.

Pausing for a moment, the woman rolled over to face her friend.
"I think we should go to bed, Steve... we've talked ourselves out of conversation."

The man on the cushion beside simply tilted his head in agreement, rising from his position and tossing the blanket which had fallen on the floor back on to the couch.
"Yeah, it's been a long day."

The two of them fully rose, stumbling through the house with tired eyes and weak stance.
They trudged up the stairs, passing the eerily empty rooms and separating into separate bedrooms.

"Goodnight, Steve." Robin spoke, saluting to him in the way that she usually did.

"G'night, Rob."

The man very quickly disappeared from sight, and with it being a ticket for her to do so too, so did Robin. She stepped in, skipping switching on the light before crawling straight into the made double bed.

Sleepovers in the Harrington household weren't rare- and Robin enjoyed knowing that there was a safety just across the hall.

It was alright for them that their parents were never really home, but on the feeble nights where lives were scraped or perhaps cleaved all together, it was easy for Robin and Steve to even share a bed, arms and legs tangled together by morning. They hadn't needed to share in a while, but it was reassuring to know that they could come in contact for warmth without it being a trouble.

Robin knew that Steve would never do anything to her, or think of the platonic intimacy as anything more, and she was thankful for it. They were purely a comfort to each other- a reaching hand of a friend.

The covers on the duvet were cold, taking a moment for the entrance of body heat to quicken the warming process. The woman laid there, stiff as a board, willing the sheets to cozy her once again. She squeezed together her legs and bought her arms up to her chest. The capsulising seemed to be working.

Both of the bedroom doors were open, the handle of Steve's just being able to be seen as it stood against the wall behind it. Buckley alerted her ears, hearing the softest ghost of a snore trailing through the gap in rooms. Steve was already asleep, but Robin was not.

Her mind was busy; wrapping itself around a thought that wouldn't be demolished until she explored it. So, under obvious circumstances, she did.

Hawkins was a small town- everybody knew that- meaning, now that they had joined forces, they would have to decipher which locations for dates would be amusing for all of the members. In the grand scheme of things, Robin was okay with practically anywhere. She found it easy to zone in or out of things- it was just Nancy that she was worried about.
Was Nancy one to get bored quickly, one to expect conversation, one to want answers straight away?
Buckley figured that she would just have to wait and see.

Once the thought had swirled around and left her mind, Robin allowed herself sleep, drifting off into a calm sense of peace once she had fought everything that wasn't allowing her to.