Life's a Jigsaw Puzzle

what is the cause of mental health?

things couldn't get any more intricate than the mind, with many factors affecting the human brain and thought process, and with the overwhelming obstacles of life.

the usual causes of mental health problems are always external in many instances, where your environment plays a huge part in playing; who is in your social circle; how you were brought up as a child; and what event caused a traumatic experience, and does it ever dissipate over time?

well, speaking from my own experience, it's a yes and no answer. it is all about your own willpower. do you allow it to continue, or does it wreak havoc to the point of no return? i understand that simply getting over it won't work for everyone. different people have different personalities, and some require more tenderness and care. it is something that only very caring people (healers) can do to help a loved one. you have to understand that people are fragile. one incident can trigger something that can be dangerous to oneself or others.

as cynical as it may appear, not even your blood can be trusted these days, but in my case, my blood relatives never treated me and my family on equal footing, which to me is worse than open domestic abuse that everyone can see; you simply have to be able to discern and see the signs.

i'm not trying to dismiss physical abuse in any sense, which can affect you mentally, but i created this blog to share my experience of mental abuse that tackles non-physical and even non-verbal. as selfish as it may seem, surely there is someone who has experienced something quite close to this. there are lots of factors for mental health and i think this one comes close to neglect and loneliness, but also someone that has never had a good foundation in life. everything i did was on my own, struggling with social norms and having an introverted personality that played a part of my life.

as cliche and common as that may sound, trust me when i say there's a lot more to it.

living in a 3rd world country with a high crime and poverty rate made me fearful, and that mentally held me back. instead, it made me a follower of the bad crowd. although i still had morals to not go too far, i still had my lessons from church. in fact, that was the only thing that kept me from going further down the darkest alley, but i still stepped into it out of curiosity. luckily, i am very self-aware and always think of the consequences, even in situations like these. all these things as a youngster are what my life was like. trying to go with the flow and forget responsibility even though it was there, i just didn't know how to prepare or tackle these massive obstacles.

the system has failed us. when you realise that, you will see that we've been taught nearly useless things to be a cog in a machine and not prepared for things like investing, curiosity, and mental exercises like thinking outside the box and creating your own business, which the common man thinks are only reserved for the wealthy. at a young age, we could have garnered a lot more potential to be more than what life offers.

 at a young age, we could have garnered a lot more potential to be more than what life offers

with that said, my other factor of mental health is when people ignore your problems and just pretend everything is okay with you. this is a narcissistic attitude, which stems from mental issues of their own, i believe. they have the so-called right to punish you for not doing things their way, and by protecting their image from other people, they will enforce their agenda. they basically feed their own egos and want the glory of transforming the "poor soul," but with the wrong tactics and execution.

in conclusion, mental health issues can be very specific and complex to talk about, but maybe just doing that will help release any tension and anxiety. getting feedback is a comfort, and someone with the gift can maybe even help, if they can understand each person's intricate story without the motivation of money. in this society, mental health needs to be talked about, especially with men. it can be defeated if we help one another to motivate each other out of this common sinkhole. i don't think it truly dissipates, but after time, when we are living our best life, we can always look back, see how far we've come, and even help others. we could break the system and create our own utopia.

if you are looking for that first step, take this anti anxiety test here : click here

thanks for reading.