Let's Rest Together

*Click click*

The front door made a quiet creak as Bamburai opened it and shut it behind him. He let out a long, relieved sigh, finally glad to be home after an exhausting day. He removed his sandals and placed them on the floor where his housemates' shoes were kept, then took off his long coat and hung it up on the coat rack, then untied his long hair so it flowed over his upper back.

As he walked out of the entryway into the living room, he realized his darling Bamberly didn't walk up to him in the entryway and greet him like she usually does. He thought it a bit strange, but he wasn't too worried, as he knew exactly where she might be.

Bamburai ambled over to the right, where the couch was, the first place he thought she'd be.

His suspicions were correct. On the couch lay Bamberly, curled up in a soft blanket on the couch, fast asleep. She was facing outwards and had both arms resting in front of her face.

Bamburai smiled to himself, he was so happy to see his darling, and she looked so adorable and peaceful as she snoozed.

"Sleepyhead..." He whispered to himself.

Bamburai quietly stepped over to where she lay, and knelt down in front of her face. Admittedly, he did feel bad for wanting to wake her up and disturb her slumber, but he promised he would let her go right back to sleep after he got to see her cute face and hear her soft, almost angelic voice.

Bamburai gently held the sides of her face with both hands and lightly caressed her cheek with his thumb.
Bamberly awoke slowly, her eyes flickered as they adjusted to the light. She gave a little smile when she had fully processed who was in front of her.

"Hi darling," Bamberly whispered sleepily.

"Hi baby!" Bamburai responded quietly.

He leaned down to her face and Bamberly slightly stretched her head forward for a kiss on the lips. The kiss lasted for about five seconds. Bamburai ran his hand through Bamberly's soft hair as they locked lips.

After the kiss, they just stared at each other, not saying a word, just smiling enjoying the time they have together. Bamberly stroked Bamburai's long hair, and Bamburai leaned his forehead against hers.

Suddenly Bamburai felt his eyelids getting heavy, and he let out a yawn.

"I'm a bit sleepy, dear..."

"Is that so?"

"Mhm..."

"How about we nap together then?"

Bamburai nodded yes.

Bamberly sat up on the couch and moved the blanket away, giving her darling room to lay. Bamburai laid on his back and held his arm up. Bamberly laid on top of him, her head resting on his chest. Bamberly wrapped both his arms around her and held her close. Bamberly nuzzled her face into his chest, feeling his warmth.

Bamburai pulled the blanket up to Bamberly's head. He gave Bamberly a light kiss on the head.

"Sleep well darling," whispered Bamberly as she closed her eyes.

"You too," replied Bamburai.

The two cuddled as close together as possible, and they both drifted off to sleep.