32: Miss you

(Chapter - 32)

Everything was going happily. Heeseung brought Yera for a date outside, who was holding onto a huge teddy bear. "Be careful and just don't stumble because the teddy's too heavy, alright?" Yera humphed in anger as Heeseung giggled about how tiny she was compared to the teddy.

"Seems like you don't want your favourite sundae, right?" Heeseung teased her as he tasted the ice cream which was kept on the table. Yera was looking around everywhere but him. "I do want it." Yera replied back, her eyes already looking towards the sundae with temptation. "Ah, no!" Heeseung slided the sundae towards himself as Yera looked him with a pity face. "You would have to fulfill my greed first, then only this greedy man will fulfill your temptation." A smirk danced upon his lips, which caught Yera off-guard. "Oh, okay." She got up from her seat but unfortunately ended up tripping on his lap, increasing the tension. But before it could increase further, she stupidly kissed him on the cheek, leaving him dumbfounded and digged into the sundae.

"Excuse me, can you take our picture please?" Yera asked a lady who was passing by. She smiled happily at them, giving them blessings, that is when the sound of gunshot resonated in the area, causing her eyes to drift towards Heeseung. The roses which he was holding in his hands fell down on the ground, Yera seemed as if her whole world had been destroyed, tears dripping down her face. That is when Heeseung lost his stance and fell down and Yera immediately took his head on her lap. "N-No, this c-can't be happening! You won't leave me ever!" She panted hardly as she woke up from her nightmare, panicking and gasping for air. "W-water." Her words stuttered as she observed there was no water in the room.

She stood up on her wobbly feet, trying not to stumble upon anything. She held the staircase hand railing, her hands shivering as she felt anxiety creeping up. Before she could take another step, her foot missed a step and she rolled down the stairs, raising her hands to her head to safe herself from the impact, screaming in pain as she fell.

She removed her hand from her forehead to only see blood, her hands trembling.

"Who's there?" Jake who was working on a presentation in the living room shouted, but she didn't bother to reply. She just didn't want him to see her in such a vulnerable state. "Miss Yera?" A worker who was passing by gasped in shock after seeing her condition and sprinted towards her. She didn't even bother to look towards the person, but as soon as he crouched down in front of her, examining her, she was taken aback. 

"H-Heeseung?" Heeseung looked her in the eyes with concern, observing how frail she had become in just a couple of days. He was wearing a mask, but his eyes, she could never forget those pair of eyes. Before they could talk, Jake shoved him away

"Y-Yera, hey, look at me!" Jake caressed her face, causing her to flinch immediately. "Calm down, it's me, Jake." He looked at her with worry, examining her wound delicately, trying not to hurt her. "H-Heeseung. I saw him! He was there!" She stammered as she tried to look up, towards the corridor. He held her jaw carefully, turning her face towards his, and hugged her as he sat down next to her. "He is not here, relax yourself. Take a deep breathe in." He rubbed her back, consoling her. "And now breathe out. You did well." He smiled subtly towards her.

"Tell Jungwon to come to us with a first aid box." Jake said to a helper as he helped Yera stand up. "Want me to carry you?" Jake's ears flushed upon his own words. "I am fine." She bluntly replied as she started descending the stairs as Jake cautiously had his hands hovering around her frail figure, worried that she might fall again.

"Lie down, let me fetch you some water." He said as he strolled towards the kitchen. That is when she saw Jungwon coming in a sheep night suit lazily with a first aid box in his hand.

"Such a nuisance you're creating in the middle of the night." Jungwon yawned as he laid himself down on the opposite couch, causing Yera to huff at him. "It's a minor injury, nothing serious going on there. I should get myself back to bed, Jake told me he would dress the wound himself." Jungwon took his departure from the lounge, sauntering back to his room, not before leaving the aid box on the table.

"Drink it." Jake placed the glass of water towards her lips, helping her. "Which number is it?" Jake raised two fingers in front of her. "It's two." Yera replied, giggling at his silly act. "Thank gosh!" Jake hugged her and soon got on his knees, dressing her forehead wound as he hissed while he did so as if it was he who got hurt.

One thing Yera knew for sure that day was Jake deserved someone better than her and she would bet that the man would treat his soulmate like a damn princess.

To be continued...

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!

Stay healthy, stay happy and stay tuned for the updates>>

❤️❤️❤️