Call me Andrés

" 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐞𝐲𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐭

What day was it again? Right.
Martín promised to pick up this 'thing' for a friend who insisted he'd pay back. Which was supposedly at 8:15. But it's okay.
He only missed his first alarm, no big-

Wait.

8:47 am.

FUCK!

———— ————

"What the hell, Martín?!" Antonio freaked out on the phone, pacing around the empty classroom. "I thought I could count on you. You even said you'd be up before 8, doing- whatever!"

"I know, I know. I'm sorry! I didn't hear my alarm and you know how I get on weekends, I couldn't hear a single alarm go off! I'm on my way to school right now." Stuffing all the needed things for today in his backpack, Martín hopped onto his bike and drove to school with all the energy he gained from a questionable worthy sleep.

"God, Martín. I really thought you had my back there. See you at school."

———— ————

If this were a marathon, Martín would be damn happy to have won a prize or any kind of medal for his effort of driving like a lunatic here.

With the backpack half slung over his back, he sprinted towards a giant old tree somewhere at the less busy side of the campus, where Antonio told him the transaction would be done.

On his way there, he could already spot a figure standing by the tree, having an object by its feet. Rectangular. Like a box.

"Hey. Sorry I'm late, you must be-" before Martín could even finish his sentence, the stranger left. Leaving the box behind as well.

"Uh. Rude?" Muttering that, he picked up the box and went to meet Antonio in the art class where barely anyone hangs around at morning.

"I got the package. I apologise again for missing the promised hour, I just couldn't-"

Antonio had taken the box from him rather roughly. "It's fine," he spoke with a cold tone.

Sighing, Martín approached him with hesitant steps. "Tony.. I'm really sorry. Look, you don't have to pay me, alright? Let's forget about it. What's in the box that's so important anyway? Why couldn't you get it yourself?"

The sight of bright and dark colours being pulled out of the box was already an answer to his question. It looked like pieces of fabric. Unfinished parts of clothes..? And.. Scarfs?

"I like to design these with Carlos. We want to make our own small business but we don't want to get caught doing it inside the school premises. Well, we sew and make them here without getting caught of the fact that we're selling them, but we make the ideas at home and order the pieces to be delivered at school."

"So.. if anyone happened to notice boxes being dropped off at some random tree and maybe even look what's inside, I'm the one to explain and take the blame for it?" Martín couldn't look more confused.

"You get away with these things quite easily, Martín! I mean- they'd probably think you're working on some engineering project..? You lie well."