chapter 1 - Desperate times.

Your stomach ached as you sat curled up in the alleyway between two closed down shops, your hands freezing in the winter weather as you watched cars pass by.

You were too afraid to sleep, too scared that your slivers of dimes and cents being stolen as you rested as you moved to shakily count what you got from begging that day, your heart dropping as you realised you barely had enough to feed yourself for the night, nevermind the day as your frail hands clutched around the loose coins.

"God fucking damnit..."

You whispered to yourself, feeling a chill shoot up your spine as a large drop of rain fell onto your scalp, shocking your system as you quietly cursed and looked at the quickly darkening sky that signaled that rain was soon to come.

"You have to be taking the piss.."

You whispered, shakily getting up and pulling the tattered towel you found in a dumpster around yourself as you started walking to try and find shelter from the rain.

The cold nipped at your skin as you carefully walked bare footed towards what looked like an abandoned laundry shop, hiding under the fabric awning as you held yourself- almost having a heart attack as someone knocked on the window beheind you, the door opening as a rough looking man looked out the crack in the door.

'Its going to storm, come on in and we'll get you some clean clothes'

Not wanting to stick out in the bitter cold and risk catching anything you hesitantly nodded, slowly walking into the laundrette to realise the 'rough' man actually was pretty nicely dressed, in a tan suit and slicked back hair as he pulled out a chair.

'Ill get you something kid, you look like you havent been able to look after yourself for weeks'

He said before walking to the back, allowing you to relax in the much needed warmth- completely unaware that this innocent interaction would change your life forever.