ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜱᴀɪᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴍɪʟᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴀ ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀꜰʟʏ ᴄʀᴏꜱꜱᴇꜱ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴀᴛʜ, ᴛʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʀᴜʟʏ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Fischl waited for your party at the meet up spot, a sullen look on her face.

When you arrived to stand next to her, Oz began to speak. "The time has finally come," he said, "though it brings mean fräulein no joy to do so, there is something she must announce to the assembled populous."

Fischl cleared her throat, arms crossed and the corners of her mouth pointed downwards in a frown. "My loyal servants and my fair maiden, one must bid you adieu till such time as I beckon you once more." She started, taking extra time to glance at you mid-monologue.

"Though we have faced many trials and tribulations together, you have all shown commendable courage in the course of duty." Fischl began to smile, although sadly as it was. "I feel a breeze now blows upon this place... and I feel that it blows in your honor."

You felt your own frown befall your face, "Fischl.. are you...leaving?" You questioned, hoping you had misunderstood her way of speech. she nodded, and allowed Oz to talk in her place once more -she could not bare to see your eyes plead for her to stay.

Oz went on to explain to the party that they had planned to offer their assistance in regards to the meteorite strike wherever they were needed. "As strong as the soldiers may be, they are struggling to cope, and there is a demand for volunteers everywhere we turn."

Fischl, who had finally looked up from the spot on the ground she had found interest in, looked to you and your almost teary eyes. "... goodbye, Y/N." she said, much to everyone's shock. "You are a good listener... I enjoy chatting with you."

she pulled you into her embrace before continuing, and Lumine silently seethed in the corner.

"To be honest, most of the other Adventurers in the guild only ever talk to me when they wanna hear Oz's reconnaissance reports..." She said, before turning to the rest of the party, "this little journey we've had... it was a great adventure." She smiled solemnly.

"I'm just sorry that it has to end so abruptly..."

as touched as you all were, and despite the few tears that managed to slip past your eyelids, everyone couldn't help but be curious at the sudden change in the eccentric Fischl's mannerism.

Oz tried to cover it up, but it mattered very little anyways. You hugged Fischl tighter, oblivious to the red that now coated her face and the prayers in her head that hoped you couldn't hear her heart beating so incredibly hard.

After saying goodbyes, and promising to get drinks after all the mayhem had been resolved, you waved at Fischl's fleeting figure as she walked away before turning to the matter at hand.

Mona had uncovered more about Leonard's past, how he was an adventurer from centuries past with a will to climb the tallest mountain at the time; a will so strong that his Constellation had carried it and passed it on to anyone who had touched it.

you began to think, "...since all this is Leonard's doing, perhaps we should first find out more about Leonard?" you suggested, "since he was an adventurer, maybe his information is with the Adventurer's Guild?"