Justice for the Fallen - FANTASY/PARANORMAL

Title: Justice for the Fallen

Author: axgirl13

Genre: Fantasy/Paranormal

Maturity Warning: violence

Blurb: Unjustly accused of murder, the Demon of Wrath joins forces with the Archangel of Justice to find the true culprit

____

Sannarah lives from one deadline to the next. As a Wrath Demon, she is obliged to provide a certain number of human souls to the Fallen God every month so she can stay in the Human Realm. If she fails to do so, she'll be sent straight back to Hell. And it's not a nice place even for demons. One day she follows the shady tip-off and finds herself in the middle of a gruesome crime scene as the main suspect.

The lead investigator Melkyal, an Archangel of Justice, gives her a choice: she can help find an actual perpetrator and get a clean slate or refuse and spend a few weeks in jail for petty crimes. With looming deadlines, she can't afford to waste time. But teaming up with an angel can't be a good idea. Even though he seems reasonable and focused on finding the truth behind murders to protect humans, he's still a mortal enemy.

Two completely different world views clash so hard the sparks fly.

Melkyal must choose between trusting his own judgment and blind obedience to his god.

Sannarah has an opportunity to topple the unjust order plaguing her whole life, but the chances are slim and the consequences of failure unfathomable.

They may have to take a leap of faith to save each other

Why we love it: So, it's been a while... again. But, we're back with a bang! For this edition of fantastic recommendations, we have a paranormal fantasy novel filled with action and romance alike: Justice for the Fallen. This story features demon and an angel joining forces to find out who on hell, earth, and/or heaven is killing mortals along the way, we are introduced to various prejudices of heaven's Church, the fact that not all demons are half-bad, and a romantic subplot between two opposites.

It was how the mystery unfolded and the action sequences that had us hooked to JftF. Written beautifully and accurately, I could see everything clearly with our blind eyes, from the settings to the character quirks to the clues leading to the twist ending. All of these aspects were just added to with the diverse and lovable ensemble cast that anyone will love (or hate)!

We can tell you for definite that axgirl13 is a master at pulling on her readers' heartstrings. The beautiful romance between the two main characters will pull at your heart and only drag you further into the book and those same characters' lives. Look forward to a broken (and replenished) heart while reading this.

But, know that this book isn't just all action and romance. It is also a shoutout to anyone who has been prejudiced against. The author goes into detail showing people who have no rights in the world. Her representation of those who have practically nothing but the clothes on their back is utterly astonishing. It has us crying for those characters. Needless to say, Justice for the Fallen is a book for all, but especially for any paranormal fantasy lovers!

Congratulations on an amazing book, axgirl13. Please let us know: which Wattpad story would you recommend to other users?