Todoroki Shoto 🔥 Fireworks

"Say, what you said out there at the sports festival...did you mean all of it?" Todoroki-san questioned me.

I turned my head away from him, the soft bed in Recovery Girl's temporary office creaking slightly as I recalled the memory...

🔥🔥🔥

"Next up we have two cooool contestants!" Present Mic chuckled a little at his own joke.

He's first going to come at me with that huge ice attack, he produces ice from his body while I control what's around me. If I want to win, I must...

"The cool beauty who controls wind: AMANO!!!" The crowd's earsplitting cheers fill the stadium, "VS. the aloof, icy: TODOROKI!!!"

In an instant, ice comes rushing towards me. I skilfully flip into the air, out of its way as it freezes up most of the stadium.

That's right. If I want to win, I must make this a match of endurance! 

I fly through the air with incredible speed and in a matter of seconds, am close to Todoroki-san. He notices immediately as he sends another wave of ice in. Not backing away, I send a powerful blast of wind, cancelling out his ice, but the impact pushes me back, so much that I'm a few metres from the disqualification line. 

Not wasting any time I try to fly near him but an even bigger wall of ice comes my way, intending to trap me, but, like Iida-san I also have a secret weapon that I haven't revealed until now...

Pieces of ice are sent flying towards the audience and as the cold mist clears, Todoroki-san glared up at me. Returning his glare with my wind made katana in hand, I take up an attacking stance and slashes straight at him sending a blade of cold wind his way.

"You...!" his anger is evident in his eyes, and the pain concealed behind it is enough to shake me.

I'm sorry Todoroki-san.

I slash at his ice again and it breaks into big chunks, but this time, I didn't let the mist clear. 

"Todoroki-san, everyone is putting in more than their 100 percent and you want to win with only half of yours?" I shout through the mist.

I'll win!

"Shut up." his icy voice cuts through my thoughts.

I come up right next to him, concealed by the mist ad send a huge gust of wind at him, blowing him near the edge of the line.

"Right now, I think you should stop messing around!" My raw voice escapes from my mouth. I haven't let myself be this worked up for so long, but there was something familiar about Todoroki-san like I had met him long ago, before the accident...

"I want to see the fireworks!" I scream, the emotion in my voice overwhelming me. I sense Todoroki shivering, the numerous large ice attacks must have drained him. 

"Your shivering can be solved if you just use your left side can't it?" I said.

Todoroki-san, I don't know how much you suffered, but pain is still the same. I...

"The fireworks that you produce, and your power, it all belongs to you doesn't it?"

Being in the cold mist has me shivering, and some of his ice is frozen to my body...but...

I want to save him!

Suddenly, his left side heats up with his magnificent flames and I feel a fear inside of me, but I rush toward him as his ice starts to create the biggest attack yet.

There was a humongous explosion and his ice throws me back, despite my attempt at defending with my strongest wind.

My back hits the wall of the stadium, the impact so hard my vision blurs up and blackens as I faint.

Later I woke up in Recovery Girl's clinic with bruises along my entire body and in an intense pain I'd thought I'd never feel again.

🔥🔥🔥

"I...meant all of it." was all I managed to get out.

"Todoroki-san, you're truly amazing."

We stayed silent for a while until his hand reaches toward my cheek and turns my face towards him. I feel my cheeks heat up slightly at the close distance between us.

He smiled slightly as he leans down to the bed. "Sorry."

"For what?" I was slightly confused at his apology.

I felt his hand slowly travel down my neck to my collarbone and a chill ran through me, but it wasn't unpleasant. He then pulled his hand away and rested it gently on my head. His smile disappeared, as though he was thinking of something.

"Best of luck for the next round," I say, "since your opponent is Bakugo-san."

"Thanks." was all he said as he walked out of the clinic, his aloof expression returning and, despite myself I felt something inside of me open up again. As my heart pounded and my cheeks warmed, a little smile crept up my face. A smile, which hasn't been shown ever since that day.

To be continued~❤

🔥🔥🔥

Bonus Omake:

Author-san: Doesn't Bakugo-san's quirk look more like fireworks though?

Reader-chans: DON'T RUIN THE MOMENT!!! (ᗒᗣᗕ)՞

Author-san: ໒(⊙ᴗ⊙)७