Chapter 1: Hitched

A/N: I have absolutely no business writing another multi-chapter fic when I have so many others that need finishing (literally, it's gotta be more than two hundred—it's insanity) but I was watching Father of the Bride when I was suddenly very strongly reminded of Draco Malfoy. To make it easier on myself, and because I couldn't bear to part with an already-cherished plot and cast, I will be borrowing a good chunk of the script to build the story around, and most of the fan-favorite cast members will be staying. I wouldn't dream of cutting out Franck, and for a while I agonized over which Next-Gen character would take the place of Bryan MacKenzie (Albus Potter was a major contender) when I realized that removing Bryan would be to remove one of the best unsuspecting "villains" Hollywood had ever created. It would just be a crime.

Before you ask, OF COURSE there will be a sequel! I couldn't not. In fact, I've already started writing it. Oops.

For reference, I pictured Kiernan Shipka as Annie Malfoy. She's a spitting image of Emma Watson. You can imagine Scorpius (Mattie) however you'd like, although whenever I wrote him, I pictured younger-Draco.

I have a hobby for photoshop, so all of my story posters are on my Instagram, mitusfanfiction!

Please enjoy! This is one of my all-time fave movies, but the only way I could figure out how to make it better was to throw Dramione in there...I'm hopeless. But I promise you'll love it.

XOXO, Mitus.

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, Father of the Bride, or Party City.

.......

I used to think a wedding was a simple affair.

Wizard and witch meet, they fall in love, he buys a ring, she buys a dress, they say I do.

I was wrong.

That's getting married. A wedding is an entirely different proposition.

I know—I've just been through one.

Not my own. My daughter's, Annie Malfoy-MacKenzie.

That's her married name. MacKenzie.

I think it's safe to say that when the Malfoys from times passed first purchased this land—fifty thousand hectares of fine English soil cleverly concealed in a largescale Undetectable Extension Charm—it cost less than this blessed event in which Annie Malfoy became Annie Malfoy-MacKenzie.

I'm told that one day I'll look back on all this with great affection and nostalgia.

I'd better.

You fathers will understand. You have a little girl, a beautiful little girl, who looks up to you and adores you in a way that you could never have imagined. I remember how her little hand to fit inside mine. How she used to sit on my lap and bury her head into my chest. She said I was her hero—a Death Eater, a hero, if you can believe it. Then the day comes when she wants to get her ears pierced and wants you to drop her off alone, in Diagon Alley, and only a few short steps away from bloody Knockturn Alley Of All Places.

From that moment on, you're in a constant state of panic: you worry about her going out with the wrong kind of blokes, the kind of blokes who only want one thing. And you know exactly what that one thing is, because it's the same thing you wanted when you were their age. Then she gets a little older, you stop worrying about her meeting the wrong guy, and start worrying about her meeting the right guy. And that's the biggest fear of all, because then you lose her.

And before you know it, you're sitting all alone in a big empty Manor, in your expensive Muggle tuxedo, wondering what in the bloody hell happened to your life.