Chapter 1

Living in a world of heroes and villains is chaotic. You would think that having superpowers would help the world, but in reality, it buried some issues we already had out of light deeper out of sight and amplified others into the light.

Around the world, in the past century, have developed a notion of ranked or idolized heroes such as All Might or Superman or Spiderman, and on the other hand, the world has also Ranked and vilified Villans or anyone who does wrong, such as Stain or Loki or Bane or like this nit-twit in front of me at Tatooine station, becoming gigantic to challenge the pro heroes for whatever reason they have in their head.

" That is a huge villain." Some person yells out

Yeah, no, duh, Mr. State, the obvious. I sarcastically mentioned in my own head.  

Within seconds of Mr. State the obvious yelling out, Death Arms and Backdraft arrive at the scene to do damage and crowd control.

"They must have been really close by to have responded so quickly," I quietly murmured under my breath to myself. I then looked at my cell phone to check on the time.

I am going to be late for work; I sighed unhappily to myself. I need to keep this job if I am going to pay my bills!

I tried to steer away from the growing crowd of people gathering to watch the fight between the giant villain and the pro heroes. But It was all in vain as the push to the fighting scene was more significant than my push to get away from it, so I ended up staying put where I was and texted my workplace, letting them know I was going to be late.

Minutes later, hero Kamui appeared on the scene, and a green-haired boy popped right between some people to the right of me just to stand directly in front of me. What the deuce is this kid doing? I agitatedly thought. Not that I cared to watch the fighting, but I also did not have much else to do till the train station opened up either, and Mind you, I am only 5'1 and most people, in general, are taller than me.

" whos fighting?"The green-haired boy then started to talk out loud enthusiastically and, with the same breath, practically answered his own question, " Kamui Woods! The young and talented rising star!"

Why did you ask? If you already knew, I thought dumb struckedly

The person on the right side of the green-haired boy called out the youth as a super fan. Instantly the young boy blushed and became quiet.

Instantly I could feel the curiosity nagging in my chest. It was like a pull of wanting to open up and feel what that boy might be feeling.

I did not want to do that because you never knew what you were going to get, and it was constantly draining after.

I have had this sort of pull/feeling since I was eight years old, and it has been a struggle ever since. The doctors when I was young said It was a result of my undefinable Superability or, in other words, their lack of wanting to understand it. My Superability is what I label 'heightened Empathy.' Because this ability is not very showy or well-known, society has marked it as a low-end power. It doesn't bother spending time or effort to see what potential it could have or what it could develop into. Instead, they medicate you and tell you it is just anxiety, depression or other excuses that basically push you away so that they can focus on more essential and urgent super abilities. Pretty much my life has been having doctors doing the act of here is a bandaid go put it on, and hopefully that work, and you go away. It is the universal say, without actually saying it, that this is a minor situation that no one really wants to deal with. Sometimes they also say it is something that has been seen before all this superability stuff even came about, so really, it is not even a super ability at all, so basically invalidating you as a superhuman and labelling you as an ordinary human being. So basically, if your Superability did not catch the eye of the citizens, it was basically trash. My Thought process was then interrupted by some citizen shouting closely by my ear.

" Show something flashy, " another citizen shouts out to the hero in action.

And that just proves my point about the unjust popularity of abilities and recognition of them. I mentally rolled my eyes. I don't want to be a superhero or anything I just see the unfairness and corruption of how it is being dealt with by the government and other higher-ups that are using it for the wrong reasons.

The battle ended quickly when a new superhero came into the scene by knocking out the villain from Kamui's grasp and knocking them out cold. She called herself Mountain Lady, Which fits perfectly with how gigantic she was. The Green-haired boy was now hunched over, scribbling in his notebook, not even paying attention to the other people around him.

I shrugged and began to walk away again, thinking to myself about how the whole Super ability thing all started. I believe it was sometime in the 23rd century (2200- 2300) in the city of Qingqing, china, with a glowing child. After that, all around the world, people of all ages and places began to exhibit supernatural abilities. The cause was never found, or so they say. I think it was an after-effect of a virus that genetically altered or opened up a pathway allowing the majority of human beings to have a superpower. Either way, the pandemic of the rising supernatural abilities was not able to be controlled. So with lots of revisions to laws both worldwide and countrywide and a new workforce system, we ended up with what we now call a supposed normal society in the 24th century (2300-2400). Still not a perfect society but a somewhat functioning one for now, at least.