♡Prologue♡

~Flashback~

After a long and hard battle against the Collector, the Boiling Isles was free. Free to choose for themselves. The citizens no longer have to fear for their lives. Everyone could use Wild Magic. And it was all thanks to a group of teenagers.

Still in a state of shock, Luz pulls Amity into a hug. Amity slowly wraps her arms around her girlfriend, feeling the brown-haired girl nuzzle her face into Amity's neck. "D-did we do it, Ami...?" Luz asks quietly. Amity nods softly, holding Luz closely. "We did it, Batata..." She says softly, her voice barely above a whisper.

Luz pulls away from the hug, looking at Willow, Gus, and Hunter. "A-and everyone's okay, right...? Nothing broken, nothing bruised?" She asks, looking at her three friends. "I think we're fine. Right guys?" Willow answers, looking at the two boys. Gus nods. "Yup. I'm only slightly more traumatized. And Hunter already needed years of intense therapy. We're good."

Luz chuckles, jumping onto the three in a group hug. Everyone laughs, the feeling of victory finally starting to set in among them. "Hey! Kid!" A familiar voice calls out to Luz. Luz pulls away from her mini love tackle and turns around, finding Eda and King, her found family, running to her. She immediately takes off running, meeting them in the middle and tackling them in a big hug. Amity spots her siblings following close behind Eda and runs to them, and one by one all of their families show up to make sure they're safe. Darius cautiously approaches Hunter, but Hunter pulls him right into a hug.

Eda gently pulls away from their hug. "Look around, Kid. You did all of this."

Luz looks around at her friends, hugging their families in relief. "It wasn't just me. This victory belongs to all of us." Luz says, smiling to herself as she hugs Eda tighter. The sun begins to set over the horizon, leaving the sky a calming pinkish-orange color.

~Timeskip- A few months~

The last day of Luz Noceda's first year at Hexside School of Magic and Demonics, and Amity Blight awaits her girlfriend's arrival at the Grom Tree, a tall tree with an orange trunk and pink leaves, which fall all around her. Luz had asked to meet there before the two went to a celebratory dinner with their friends and families. Amity gently dusts off her black dress, nervously waiting for Luz to arrive. Then, she sees the familiar sight of her girlfriend running up the hill to her, wearing a white button-up and a pair of black pants.

"Hola, Batata." Amity says with a gentle smile, watching Luz's heavy panting with hands on her knees. Catching her breath, Luz looks up at her. "Amity! Glad you could make it! Thanks for coming." Luz says, holding Amity's hands as the two take a seat on the ground against the tree.

"It was no problem." Amity says, interlocking their fingers. "But, if you don't mind me asking, why did you want to come up here? We were going to see each other at dinner anyway." she asks, looking into Luz's eyes with a light blush. Luz chuckles nervously, feeling heat rise to her face. "Honestly...? I just wanted to spend some time alone with you before then. We don't get to do that as often as I'd like, and I DO still owe you a date... A-And I'm not saying that this counts as our date but-!" Luz cuts herself off when she hears Amity's light giggles. "Aw, Luz, that's sweet." She says, gently squeezing Luz's hand. "And you know I'll always want to spend time with you. It was just surprising."

The two share a gentle kiss, the leaves from the Grom Tree falling gracefully around them. When they pull away, they look out over the city below the cliff while Amity leans her head on Luz's shoulder.

"I love you, Amity." Luz says quietly to her, which causes Amity to look up. Amity's face turns a light shade of red. "I-I love you too, Luz..."