33: Pendant

(Chapter - 33)

JANG YERA

I was sitting in the library, reading some books as a filler for my not so perfect day. Yeah, I got myself into a big trouble and I am doomed. I accidentally spilled the fruit juice on the documents which were kept on the bedpost, not knowing how Jaeyun will react when he will find that out, I quietly sneaked out of the room, taking the papers along with me.

After taking a long glance at the papers that were currently kept on the table, I finally grabbed them. It stated some kind of pact that was made between two parties A and B. 'Party A has hired a hitman from party B for killing a potential target C upon the call of Party A. If party B does not fulfill the commands by time, the contract will get terminated and party B will receive no second instalment of the deal, leaving both the parties unharmed'.

The only question that wandered in my mind was about who the person C was? Jake was not the kind of person who ever had enemies in his entire life. He never had someone to hate until and unless it was Heeseung, but it can't be him, right? He won't dare to kill him or are that just some words for him in this case?

"Here you are! I was looking for you in the entire mansion." Jake jogged towards me, bobbing the tip of my nose with his finger. "Anyways, what's up, Ra? Wanna go trekking with me for the day?" I just chuckled. This man sitting right in front of me was not as simple as he looks. "A nickname?" I asked as I leaned back in the chair. "I guess so."

"What are those papers there?" He looked down, reading the matter. I thought he would have been stunned or something, but he was totally unfazed. No reaction at all. "So I guess you read them?" He stood up adjacent to me as if boring holes right into my skull. "What if I did read them?" I turned my head towards him, his eyes having a strange and dull aura settled in them.

"Then you better answer whatever I ask next." Jake deadpanned as he held my wrist and took me to his bedroom. I was really anxious and sweat started forming on my forehead. Why did I even need to confess about reading those damn papers. Jake sat in the lounge in his extravagant suite and I sat just before him.

-POV END

"Curious about who person C is?" He asked her, a playful smirk plastered on his face. "Not really, I trust you." Yera said as she came closer to his face, unintentionally. "Aish.." Yera blushed as she met his eyes back, realising that her pendant got stuck with his shirt button. "W-wait a minute, I will just untangle it." Yera said as her shaky hands reached his shirt button, trying to take her pendant out.

"Let me try it." Jake cleared out his voice, feeling an awkward tension. As soon as she looked up after listening to him, their lips touched and she widened her eyes due to shock. "Ah, I-I am really sorry." She said, her eyes not meeting his. Jake's ears reddened due to the accidental kiss and he got back to trying to get rid of the damn pendant.

"Get away from her you, bastard!" A really really unexpected presence barged right into the whole scenario and the couple who was standing really close to each other, was startled. In a hurry to distance each other, Yera's pendant tore the first two shirt buttons off his shirt, creating a huge misunderstanding for Heeseung, who was seeing only red till now.

"I-I.. It's all a misunderstanding!" Yera tried telling him, not able to form out words as Heeseung took no time to grab Jake's collar and straight away land a harsh punch on his face. "Get away from him!" Yera cried from behind, pulling Heeseung's hand away from him but he pushed her to the floor.

"You're thinking absolutely right! It was what we were trying to do, but you rascal destroyed the whole mood." Jake spat back in anger as Heeseung stopped punching him, clenching his fists. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SAYING? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?" Yera looked at him with teary eyes and her eyes were red, both due to crying constantly and the anger she was feeling. "He is lying Heeseung. I-It's total rubbish, trust me." She pleaded as she held his leg, preventing him to walk out of the mansion, but not caring at all Heeseung threw her away from him and stomped out of the mansion in absolute rage.

"Why are you doing this to me? You are fucking hurting me. I just cannot breathe here anymore. The moment I entered, I knew you were upto no good. The person C you were talking about was Heeseung, weren't you? You have put your men on his tail so you could blackmail me about shooting him anytime. I am not dumb, Jaeyun." Yera glared at him for a while, watching his stoic face after ranting out. He wasn't affected by it at all. He just laid down where he was as Yera walked out of the room, sobbing pathetically.

'I am really sorry for inflicting pain to you. Don't worry, I will be gone soon and will never meet you.' Jake said as he stood up, his eyes blurred due to tears and entered his room while hissing in pain. He stared at the night sky for a while, Yera's words stinging his heart every moment, it seemed impossible for him to get rid of the thoughts. His last hope of string for living was cut off.

Screaming out in frustration and smashing a photo frame to the floor, he grabbed the bottle of sleeping pills, emptying the pills on the white bed sheets and fished for a handful for them and put them in his mouth, his breath getting shaky.

*****

Everything was utterly silent in the mansion, the morning that took up was too gloomy. Yera was woken up by a high pitched scream followed by the sound of breaking of dishes. She took no time to get out of the bed and speeded towards the place from where the whole commotion was taking place.

"JAKE!" She screamed as she immediately went to his side, tapping his pale face. "I am sorry to say, he is no more miss. My condolences are with you." The doctor bowed his head as he looked over to the girl in pure pity. "SHUT THE FUCK UP! HE-HE IS NOT DEAD, YOU LACK SKILLS! CALL THE BEST DOCTOR FOR ME!" She screamed and attacked anyone who said that he was dead.

To be continued...

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me if you want to know Jake's side of story else I am skipping it *smirks* It was a rollercoaster of emotions, I really felt bad while writing the destruction of this sweet ship.

Stay healthy, stay happy and stay tuned for the updates>>

❤️❤️❤️