@11

COVID-19 was in its peak when shit went down for Ahn Chaerin. Only last week things were going fine but suddenly she didn't know what to do.

"Debby? Debby?? Wake up baby." Soobin caressed the whimpering dog's head.

It was while Chaerin was at the company, recording the last of the songs in her new album when she got a call from Soobin about her beloved fur baby's detoriating health. He was fine this morning, or before that after she got medication for him from the vet. She felt her heart beating faster as she sat in the car, Junho driving the anxious girl home.

Soobin turned to look at Yeonjun who was frowning. Seollie who was there when things started to happen and also being one with experienced with dogs, sat with the crying dog's head in her lap.
"Debs, are you hungry? Do you want food?" She tried, softly scratching the dog's ears. The dog only whimpered in return.

"Get her the medicated soft food, jun." Seollie said softly. She watched as Lila, Chaerin's other pet dog waddled up to Debby, softly nudging the older before starting to sniffle. She sat down beside her brother, occasionally licking him comfortingly and whimpering along with him.

"I think we should call Chaerin's brother here. Or maybe even Ten." Seollie said, watching the dog's interact with sad eyes.

"Wait....why? We called chae and.......oh no." Soobin realised, covering his face. Heuning Kai felt tears spring into his eyes, Debby was now as much as theirs as Chaerin's, he was practically family.

They soon heard the front door open as figure rushed in, "where is he?" She asked urgently before rushing into her room.

"Oh debs...." She whispered, a frown taking a permanent place on her face.
"I'm here....look.....I'm here...." She said, taking Seollie's place as the older girl pulled Yeonjun away to call the poor girl's family.

"You'd be fine debs. Just try to eat this.....please." Chaerin felt her hands shake as she watched the dog not even being able to lift his head, just breathing and whimpering out in response.

"Why is he not moving at all. Not even his tail, he always moves his tail!" Chaerin yelled out, feeling herself starting to cry.

"Chaerin...." Yeonjun tried to make her stand up, not wanting her to watch the dog pass away.

"No! Get off me! I'm fine, he'll be fine aswell. He has been, for a long time. He is my bestfriend, he won't leave me so soon. He isn't even.....he was FINE this morning....what...." Chaerin cried, holding the dog close as she felt his breath becoming slow with every passing second.

"No. No. Debby, please wake up......" She cried.

Hyunbin passed Beomgyu, watching the scene unfold sadly.
He watched as the family dog, who was a birthday present for nine year old Chaerin opened his eyes one last time and licking her hand as a gesture of affection before he laid down again, going back to sleep, this time.... To not wake up again.

Chaerin couldn't even explain the pain, she barely felt it, it was so strong and so immense, even her brain couldn't figure how to affect her with it. She didn't know what to do, loosing Debby was like loosing family, a family that was entangled with all the best moments of her childhood and teenhood. This was a loss she didn't think she will receive, yes Lila was there but it was always Lila and Debby but now, it's just Lila. She cried, and cried thinking about how no one would wake her up by jumping on her head just because they had to pee early in the morning, no one would snort at her as if a human being understanding her pathetic situation whenever she embarassed herself, no one would salvate all over her bed whenever she ate something, nobody would shout and growl at any men that entered her room protectively. She didn't know how to deal with this, she never figured it out.