Introduction to the universe & Casts

A/N: For all the books of my universe, I use the original casts. Their story is similar from episode 1-9.

Despite the annoyance, I do remember that this is fiction. The actors involved are acting according to the given script . I enjoy the characters created from the original MODC series and respects the actors that plays them. They did such a wonderful job!

It's a pity that the ending was truly empty of meaning.

I cannot find the rationality behind the decision. Episode 10 was devoid of any value whatsoever.

I watch it once, months after the drama ended. It was a self-torture. Haoting breaking down was extremely painful to watch, forever stuck in that time loop of the happy time he had with Yu Shi Gu. If say, to justify the title of the series, Make Our Days Count, they showed Hao Ting picking up pieces of his life in that final episode, it could still be acceptable. It could have showed him really cherished that happy moments he had when he was with Shigu. It closes up by him saying goodbye or something, that MAYBE could justify ending Shigu's character. MAYBE.

But no...Nope! N to the O . Big fat NO.

They showed nothing about Shigu's death.

They added in a junior that looks exactly like Shigu but has no relevance to the story.

Add a girlfriend when Haoting clearly is not moving on.

Add a potential hint of Haoting being depressed enough to consider suicide.

It's a mess.

Yu Shi Gu is one of the most fascinating character I've invested in emotionally. I had never watched BL drama before and I watched the series expecting something light and fluffy. Boy I was wrong. Shigu works extremely hard, he tries to find happiness in the simplest things, he suffers so much, and he deserves the world.

Hard works SHOULD paid off. It SHOULDN'T be meaningless. That's was the central theme of the drama.

Remember when we first saw him in that small room? He doesn't even have a pillowcase or bedsheet. He uses his t-shirt as the pillowcase.

No bookshelves, not even a proper table. He piles up his books and put a random wood with uneven edges as a surface of a makeshift table.

He eats bread every single day with plain water. Either bread crust or steamed bread.

Remember when Haoting brings him breakfast when he was suspended? Shigu said he already prepared his breakfast? Then it zooms to a bag of bread crust leftover and a glass of water.

Remember Haoting use up all his money he saves (for a Nintendo Switch) to buy Shigu a mobile phone instead? Shigu had no mobile phone, no money, no connections, no friends, no other relatives, no reliable support (except for Zhigang), no nothing. He rises up from his survival mentality to help another boy to enter National University, together. He had his first kiss, first proper birthday in years, first sex, first vacation, first proper house.

They just got into university and about to start their new phase in life, then we have the goddamn cursed finale.

Xiang Haoting, the annoying brat that have no purpose in life. He grew up so much throughout the series. From having sex at school infimary, pulling unreasonable pranks, wasting time, not caring about his grades or what his future might lead him, no interests to pursue anything seriously , INTO a boy that is slowly maturing into a man. A man that wants to provide and prove himself worthy. Even if he has no clue and just go with the flow that keeps him near to Shigu.