Prologue

King's landing

RHAENYRA'S SCREAMS could be heard as she is giving birth to her firstborn child

"Last push my lady" the midwife says as she gides the baby out of the princess. Rhaenyra groans in pain as she felt the baby come out, "it's a girl" the midwife exclaims. When the baby girl is placed in Rhaenyra's arms she couldn't help but feel disappointment, the girl was a clone of her good sister Laena Velaryon, down to the curly white hair, the soft tan skin and violet eyes she was Laenor Velaryon's daughter.

Rhaenyra sighs looking away from the newborn princess, she never wanted to marry Laenor let alone have his child. A small part of her had hoped the girl was Daemon's but she knew there was no chance. why was all she could think at the moment, she didn't want this child.

She gave the girl to a maid not wanting to hold her anymore when Laenor har burst into the room looking excited. "A girl! i've just heard" Laenor says happily while walking towards Rhaenyra with a bit of worry in his eyes. "Yes" Rhaenyra says smiling falsely as the maid hands the baby to him gently. Laenor carefully shifts the baby in his arm while looking at her with pure adoration and love in his eyes. He knew she was his he could see she had his light tan skin and a bunch of the Velaryon white curls.

"Have you named her?" He asked softly not wanting to wake his newborn daughter from her slumber. "You may name her" He hears Rhaenyra say in a tone of annoyance. Laenor frowned at her tone. He did not know why she was was acting this way, yes Rhaenyra had never wished for children but he thought it would change when she held the child in her arms. He stares at the beautiful child that rests in his arms. He could not care less what Rhaenyra think in this moment his daughter will be loved no matter what.

"Aelora Velaryon shall be her name" "My beautiful Aelora" Laenor looks at his newborn daughter with pure love and adoration. Princess Aelora yawns softly, falling asleep in her father's warm loving embrace. As Laenor held her in his arms he silently promised he'd always protect her with everything he has, she was his daughter, his only child, his beautiful Aelora.