Beginning and The End

In this world, earth in the year, 2033 we just have one passion, beauty. Technology has gone a long way for beautiful people, they are models, actresses, singers and well there's people like me, semi-class beautiful and here I am trying to make a mark at the intagram corp. Destination of aspiring want-to be famous people like me.

"Jaqueline Foxx am I right?" The interviewer glared at me, seems like she had a bad day, "yes ma'am!" I said trying to lighten up the atmosphere.

"You got the post, congrats" she said in a gravely low tone. I wasn't sure intagram made the right choice or not, but those words rang though my ears.

"Follow me, miss Foxx" she said, I followed her along the hallway, the click-clack of her heels made me wonder whether there was metal in them.

Everything was so modernized as we got closer to the boss' office. When we finally got there I sat down on a chair and awaited my judgement.

He stared at me with deep concentration like he wanted to figure out something. He tilted his head back and forth and started to access me.

"Follow me" he said, it seemed like these people had a lot of places to go to.

I followed him once more into a compartment of different rooms, each showcasing an inta star, performing their signature topics, dancing,singing and a couple of strange things. Every room was designed to their aesthetic.
I stopped for a second to tie my shoe laces then I saw her, a very famous make up  star, Miss Make-up love, that has been in the game for almost 5 years. She looked at me with pain in her eyes, Mr. Park already left me behind, she took the lipstick in her hands and wrote on the glass, "run away, don't follow this path."
Just as I was about to process the information, I had been yanked by my arm by Mr. Park and was presumably being dragged into my own prison cell, I managed to get my phone as I continued resisting, a notification popped up and just like that, Miss Make-up love, had been cancelled as I got the information on my phone.
Tears of pain ran through my eyes as his fingers dug into my skin, what exactly had I signed up for?

I was going to be trapped in a box for the rest of my life, atleast until I stopped having followers.

***
"And that's the show! I'm the amazing Jac, the famous dancer, and I'm signing off!" I once again plopped into my bed.

It's been 3 years since I got here, ever since they filled my room with a strange gas that made me love it here even more! I never ever want to leave.

But a knock came on my door. "I guess it's time for Jac's dance to get cancelled " the woman said, entering my room with a syringe.