You ARE family

Tommy was reading when he heard it. He tried to ignore it.

The first pebble pattered against his window lightly, the second a little less light and the third went right through the small crack in the window and fell onto Tommy's book.

His first reaction was to screech when he saw the pebble land in his book. After screeching, however, he heard a snicker from outside. He opened the window more and leaned his head out.

"Fuck off, Wil. I'm reading about women." He was about to go back to his book when his friend responded.

"Toms! We're already late, we're gonna be so super late! Just get changed and meet me in the truck!" Tommy stood there for a moment before asking what the older boy meant.

"Don't tell me you forgot, Toms." Tommy shrugged, "Yeah..? What did I forget, Wil?" Wilbur sighed, however, it looked as though he had expected this.

"Tommy, change into your nice crewneck and jeans. Everyone's waiting. I don't wanna be extra late because of your gremlin-ness." Tommy laughed and threw a pebble back out the window.

It hit Wilbur square in the head. The younger made fun of him, "Hah! Pebble-brained bitch." Wilbur laughed along, before checking the time. "Hurry up, Toms."

Tommy closed his window and curtains and changed into his bright blue crewneck and light-washed jeans. When he slipped out the back door, Wil was waiting in his dad's truck. "Finally, holy shit we're gonna be late for dad's birthday party."

Tommy stopped in the middle of buckling his seatbelt to look up at his friend. "Wait what..? Oh, that's what you were talking about? You told your band that it's family only. Remember? So there's no way your family's gonna let me in."

Wil laughed and pushed the seatbelt the rest of the way in for him, pulling out of the driveway. "Thomas, you moronic child, you are family. When you didn't show up, dad literally sent me in his truck to fucking get you."

For the second time in less than five minutes, Tommy looked at his- friend? brother..?- in shock. "I- what." Wil laughed at his loss for words and Tommy jokingly punched him in return. "Yeah, you're family, Big T. You're basically my younger brother."

Tommy smiled at the older boy and smoothed his jeans out as the truck pulled up to the venue. Wil got out of the truck first and then helped the younger boy out.

They were walking into the venue, about to go through the final door. Just then, Wil spoke. "Oh.. and, Toms?" Tommy nodded to say he was listening as the two walked into the birthday party.

"For fucks sake, fix your fly."