Carpe Diem

Cale Henituse wakes up, the lingering warmth emanating from his children continued to latch on his stiff body. Ohn noticed this, and she gave a toothy grin.

"Good morning, and happy birthday, Cale."

The redhead hums as he caressed his daughter's fur, his eyes turning into crescents as he embraced the emotions he's currently feeling.

It will be a long day ahead of them.

Gifts, greetings, and smiles were sent to him. His family grateful for everything he had done for them(which Cale just scowled at and say it's all for his slacker life).

In return, Cale was also grateful, he just doesn't show it.

When he was Kim Rok Soo, there were instances that a team member of his would greet him a happy birthday. Other times at that, a memory buried deep inside his mind, there are also two people who never failed to remind him of his date of birth; as the other one also share the same date.

Cale shakes his head as Raon nuzzles to his cheek, uttering colorful phrases to his human he deeply adores.

"Human! Will you listen to the first part of our gifts?"

First part. Meaning, there would be more later.

"Sure."

"Youngest and I created a short poem! Choi Han says it's called Haiku in your world!"

Cale's lips curl one fitting to amusement, it was also the same to Ron from behind.

"Go on then."

Raon and Hong both cleared their throats at the same time before playfully glaring at each other, respectively wanting to go first.

Before things escalated into a fight, Ohn intervened and created an impromptu haiku.

"Red hair cascaded, like a neverending spring, the warmth seeps again."

"Noona! We already talked about this!"

Cale nods to himself, the word uttered by his oldest continued to play in his mind before clapping softly.

"Did you think of that just now?"

Ohn's nose twitched, her head raised proudly.

"I did."

Cale smiles elegantly, proud as he ruffles Ohn's hair.

"You should go next, Hong. Since your the second oldest."

Raon just pouts, but he relents and let his brother say his phrase.

"Father I hold dear, who always know what to say, I wish you good life."

Cale feels ticklish, unknown affection coursing in him but he doesn't reject it.

"I am already having a good life."

'With you and everyone else' what goes unsaid, but they had already know it, deep in their hearts.

Raon's wings flutter in excitement, clearing his throat and didn't wait for Cale to call him as he spoke.

"Dark days filled with pain, sanguine hair came to free me, I saw the night sky."

Cale smiles again, remembering such memories like it happened only yesterday.

He bask in the warmth he feels, the euphoria new to his entire being.

He would do anything to make this peace last for his entire lifetime.

"I will save you all, again and again, even if you are weak."

Cale sighs in contentment.

"Cale-nim."