1.Moving Day

It was June 7th, of 1976. The day right after school was let out and also the day we moved to a new town,which I did not like at all, I would miss my old friends and technically I barely had any. so there is a good side to this story.

I looked around from my car window as my mom was driving and saw an old ball field with eight boys playing baseball maybe tommy could become friends with them later on, I thought to myself.

You see Tommy is my older brother and all he talks about is baseball it's practically his life.

We stopped at a light blue house with a beautiful porch,i got out of the van as my brother got his bike out of the back and put it by the garage.

The moving truck was done unpacking things while I helped my mom with the kitchen boxes; I then heard my brother come down the stairs.

"Hey,mom I'm going to go around town to check it out is that ok?" Tommy said already one foot out the door before my mom replies back with

"Sure,honey go on ahead but be back before dusk ok? Tommy?!" My mom replied.

"Yeah yeah ok see ya!"he said as my mom sighs.

As soon as he left I went upstairs straight after finishing helping my mom with the kitchen boxes, to what was supposed to be my new room.

The walls were light yellow and I had a little book case on the wall and I opened a box with the books in it and put them on the book case and I set a pillow next to my window which had a window seat.

I started reading a book then around 4:30 my mother called from downstairs.

"Allie,can you go find your brother he's been gone for a while it's almost dusk I'm getting worried."my mom said with a strain in her voice.

"sure,thing mom." I replied. I usually never say no to my mom being a goody two shoes and all. So I grabbed my book,put it in the basket of my bike and went looking for tommy.
END OF CHAPTER...