Their Love

"Would you guys still love me if I'm a worm?"

It was such a random and weird question coming from the most unexpected person.

Not only was the topic so absurd, the abrupt timing of the sudden topic was a bit uncalled for since that question did bring a halt to the people surrounding him. Then again these people have such extraordinary hearing and it seems like they put a pause on their activities after they sensed that this question might be more than what appeared on the surface.

Okay. That might not be the exact reason why everyone stopped in trance—

Cale Henituse, that red-haired noble who came here tempted by the monarch's offer for a free week disguised as a celebration of the new national hero week, ended up staring at the dark brunet for a while.

Cookie still on his hand, not yet to be consumed, and sadly, it definitely wouldn't for a while– that deliciousness of a baked good ended up being put down again while the owner of those pale as the snow white's hands now is staring at the first speaker.

"Why a worm?"

Out of all the questions that Cale could have asked back, Alver found it rather funny that he pointed out the kind of insect first aside from the reason for the question or just answering directly.

"I don't know. The first thing crossed my mind since we're now having a picnic in a meadow?"

With the same indifferent face, Cale just tilted his head and retorted with some amusement mixed in his nonchalant voice.

"While there's a literal beetle now climbing your shoulder and seemingly about to crawl into your ear?"

"Wha—" Not expecting that, Alver snapped his head at where Cale pointed, swatting the bug away immediately to prevent the said catastrophic, before then frowning back at the redhead, almost pouting even as he asked again.

"Just answer the question"

"Hmm"

Cale hummed for a bit, thinking of a suitable answer that won't offend or upsets his hyung, afterall, his vacation day might be at risk if he was to do something stupid, and he absolutely wasn't ready to give up ok that precious time.

Yet, to his surprise, before he even gets to answer Alver, someone else beats him to it.

"But, cookie prince—" Raon, who's now landing on top of Choi Han's head comfortably, pipes in with his own query, "if you were a worm. How would you be able to make more yummy cookies? You'd have no arms to cook!"

"Oh! Oh! Also. Will you be able to wear your crown if you become a worm, nya? You need to wear your crown on important days, right?" Hong, who follows their youngest and now sitting on Cale's lap asked whilst tilting his head, trying to imagine the situation and thinking about it clearly.

"Actually, before that, would he even be able to speak? " Ohn has a slight frown on her face as she thinks deeply and tries to add more logic to that simple question, "What if you don't want to be a worm anymore, crown prince? Can you use magic to go back? Is changing between a human and a worm possible???"

The silver cat looked genuinely concerned for Alver, shall that scenario turn into reality.

"..."

Meanwhile, with the quarter-dark elf, he was completely baffled by these responses. However, it seems like that's not the end of it since Lark also put his pinch of opinion to the topic.

"I'm pretty sure worms couldn't even see... can they?" Scratching his cheek, the oldest of the twelve wolves ironically smiled sheepishly as he then added, "Since as far as I remember, they don't have eyes."