Chapter 1: Mackenzies point of view:

Maddie and I are almost done packing for boot camp, that we were leaving for in 7 minutes. Mrs. Abby had signed all of us ALDC girls up for it (as if dance with her wasn't all ready boot camp). Today is the first day, and somehow I am somewhat excited, because I get to stay in a cabin with my sister Maddie, and some of my dance friends: Nia, JoJo, Kendall, and Kallini, and everyone there dances, so it is going to be a dance
themed boot camp- but just as hard, possibly even harder.
Once slow Maddie finished packing all her makeup (she brings her makeup everywhere she goes, obviously), we finally left the house.
As always in the car I sat there quietly while Maddie talked on and on about her new Sia video, how she got overall high score of the day at the first competition back in LA, and how Ellen had just invited her to be on her show. Times like this I wish I was not just Maddie's little sister, but Mackenzie Ziegler, or MACK Z. And for the first time I decided to speak up: " I have something important happening too", I squeaked, Maddie and my mom suddenly got very quiet, stopped their conversation and just stared at me like this was the first time something cool has ever happened in my life, and thats when I realized I was stuck, I had nothing else to say. I mean it is not like thats when I realized my life sucked, because it certainly did not, I mean I on a hit TV show, I have my own record, and I am an amazing dancer. But thats when I realized I had nothing to say, that would impress either of them, that would compare to the things happening in Maddie's life so I guessed what happened is it just spilled out f my mouth, but I had just told my mom and Maddie I was writing a new song, which was totally not true, but it was truely impossible to complete in only a couple of days at BOOT CAMP! But I was going to somehow find a way to.