1: Someones there

Do you ever get that feeling that you're being watched? That someone's there? Just waiting for something to happen? I shuffled in my seat. The teacher was talking to us about something. But I wasn't paying attention. I felt like something was watching me. I glanced around the classroom. My classmates were doodling and playing on their phones while the teacher was teaching. I stared out the window to try and calm my racing mind.

I looked at my reflection to try and distract myself. My brown eyes hid behind big round glasses while my hazelnut brown hair was in a messy bun. A few strands of hair fell into my face. I had some black high-waist jeans with a black, grey, and white colour crop top. The top was fluffy and felt like a sweater. I went from looking at my reflection to admiring the outside. The trees were a nice orange and red. The ground was littered with leaves and twigs.

"Riya? Are you paying attention?" Mrs. Velda's voice snapped me back to reality. I whipped my head around to find the whole class staring at me. My face flushed a deep red with embarrassment.

"Sorry Mrs. Velda," I mumbled as I stared at my clenched hands that rested in my lap. Mrs. Velda sighed before tugging at her shirt to straighten it up.

"Meet me after class," Mrs. Velda commanded. Her voice was kind but it still demanded authority. "The rest of you, finish this worksheet at home. I want it by tomorrow. And no, Jonathan, you're dog will not be eating it so don't even try and give that excuse. You're dismissed as soon as the bell goes."

I quickly started packing up my things while Riana, my best friend, came over to my desk. Riana and I had been best friends since grade two after we met in the bathroom. She had been hiding since she had a math test when I found her. I scolded her and made her go, and we have become best friends.

"Riya? Are you ok? You seemed out of it during class," her voice was laced with concern as I silently packed up my stuff.

"Yup, perfectly fine. Nothing's wrong," I lied. I couldn't make her worry. I felt her emerald green eyes stare into my soul. Her lips were pressed into a thin line. She stared at me for another second before sighing in defeat.

"Fine. I can tell that something bothering you. You know I'm here for you if you. Always. No matter what," I could feel tears start to gather in my eyes as I hugged her. She really was the best.

"I know," I whispered. "Let's get going."

Thud.

Thud.

Thud.

Boots thundered against the ground. A smile was plastered on her face. Her violet eyes gazed at the screen in front of her as she took another step forward. She plopped herself down on the leather chair. Her arms and legs were crossed as she leaned back against the backrest.

"I will have you soon. No matter what," she chuckled as she stared at the brown haired through the screen.