𝟎𝟎𝟑

✦˖*°࿐ ᴘʟᴏᴛꜱ & ꜱᴄʜᴇᴍᴇꜱ

91 AC, Red Keep, Kings Landing

Roderick Arryn looked out the window, looking upon black water bay, and all the ships arriving and leaving the harbor. He was deep in thought, recounting the events that just took place.  Quickly looking over his shoulder, he softly smiled, watching his daughter look down at his granddaughter with nothing, but love shining within her bright purple eyes before turning back to look out the window. Many people had the perceived notion that the House of Arryn was an honorable house, but that was the furthest thing from the truth, it was all a facade, at least for him at least. He had always dreamed of power and glory, and he had done so much, so many atrocities to get where he was now. Marrying Daella Targaryen was just the catalyst for the events currently happening, she was the gateway into a world of prestige and power, and the opportunity to reach above his station was far too tempting to give up on, to simply brush aside.

No, he was too deep within his schemes to turn his back on them now. There was too much at stake to simply turn his back on his dreams and ambitions. Now that his eldest daughter was officially tied to the royal family, all of his plans could move forward. Marry Aemma to Prince Viserys was a gamble, but once he found out about his daughters surprising pregnancy, he knew he had to do everything in his power to make sure her reputation stayed in tact and was not tarnished. Prince Viserys being easily manipulated worked heavily in his favor, and not once has he felt bad about manipulating the young man into taking Aemma as a second wife regardless of him already being married to Lord Otto Hightower's only daughter, like they say, desperate times call for desperate measures.

"Father, are you okay?" Aemma asked cautiously, shaking her father out his inner thoughts.

Roderick discreetly shook his head and turned to face his daughter, "Of course I'm alright, my daughter."

Aemma looked at her father with a hint of suspicion, "You just seemed to be in another world. I called your name numerous times."

"I assure you I was just lost in my own thoughts — nothing for you to worry about," Roderick reassured his daughter.