30.

Winter 2020

True X. Santiago

Hasen huffed loudly, pulling her pants up. She mugged True as he watched her with a smirk on his face.

"The fuck you looking at," True said, and Hasen remained silent as she re-dressed.

True got up off the bed, snatching her shirt out of her grasp making her suck her teeth.

"Mad ass." True laughed at her leaning towards her pecking her lips twice.

"There's nothing funny." Hasen frowned, snatching her shirt out of his hand.

"We could've been left, but you always do too much." Hasen spoke as she slipped on her pink mini UGGS.

"Shut the fuck up." True said, making her squint her eyes at him.

"I'm playing." He added, laughing at her facial expression. Hasen straight faced him before rolling her eyes.

"You mad cause I got horny?" True asked, laughing at her. Hasen ignored him, she used her hand to wipe her black jeans off.

Her phone dinged making her grab from the pocket of the white hoodie she had on.

She opened it with her FaceID and replied to Lara's text. While she was using her phone, Hasen noticed True staring at her.

"You're weird. Stop looking at me." Hasen stated as she returned True's gaze.

"Shut the fuck up." True said as he roughly grabbed her face, bringing it close to his before placing soft kisses on her lips.

True's phone rang; despite the unfamiliar caller ID, he answered the call.

"Yo." True spoke, and Hasen walked away to go put her coat on while he talked on the phone.

"Mr.Santiago correct? This is Vanessa Martin's grandson?" The person on the other end of the line spoke politely.

"Yea." True spoke rudely, waiting for her to get to the point

"Adrian, your younger brother, is at MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center. He's been here since 9 a.m.; I was hoping you'd come get him." True scrunched up his face as the lady spoke.

"Why he at the hospital? It's 1 going on 2 why the fuck wasn't I called already?" True inquired, and the lady took a deep breath, ignoring his rude tone.

"Vanessa, your grandmother, died early this morning. I thought you'd already been notified." True remained silent as the lady spoke on.

He was genuinely confused as to why the hospital would call someone four hours later to inform them that their relative had died. It didn't make sense to him.

"We called Asia and Darius Martin, but neither answered the phone." True then hung up the phone.

He had nothing to say; his mind was blank right now, and the only person he was concerned about was Adrian.

______

True told Hasen he needed to go get Adrian during the car ride to the hospital. He wasn't playing music as soon as he got in the car as usual, so she knew he was in a solemn mood.

Hasen and True stood in the elevator silently as they went to the floor Adrian was on.

Hasen looked at the side of True's face, seeing him stare at the reflecting elevator doors blankly.

She had no idea what was going on; all she knew was that he was in a bad mood because of his deadpan expression.

As the elevator doors opened, she leaned in and softly kissed his cheek, grabbing his hand and intertwining their fingers.

As True and Hasen exited the elevator, they noticed Asia sobbing loudly while Darius consoled her.

Adrian sat next to them, his hair in a messy ponytail, wearing only a dark green polo hoodie and black sweatpants.

True sucked his teeth as Asia cried harshly, clinging to Darius. Adrian grinned as he looked up and saw his brother.

Adrian jumped up from the chairs, excitedly rushing towards him. Asia and Darius looked up, seeing True and Hasen.

"What I tell you about letting your hair get like this?" True inquired, brushing some of Adrian's hair away from his face. He ignored Asia and Darius's stares and focused on Adrian.

True squinted his eyes at his younger brother before grabbing him by the hoodie he was wearing.

"Where the fuck your coat at?" True asked, a mug on his face. Before Adrian could respond, Asia and Darius walked up to them.

Asia wiped the tears off her face before speaking.

"Are you taking Adrian?"Asia asked, and True looked at her before answering.

"Yea." Asia's brow furrowed as he responded.

"Why? He can stay here with me and Darius." Asia suggested, and True looked at her like she was crazy

"He good. I got him." True said

"You're going back to New York?" Asia asked, and True made a face

"Yea. Why you keep asking me all these questions?" True asked

"You're not going to Nana's funeral?" Asia asked, and True shook his head no.

"What i got to go for?" True asked, and Asia felt her eyes tear up again

"Because she's your grandmother, and you're taking Adrian from us. He needs to be around family right now." Asia expressed but True wasn't going for it; he wasn't leaving his brother here or with them.

Hasen simply observed and remained silent. This must be how True feels when she tells him about her family.

"Bitch, you ain't gon take care of him." True mugged her, he didn't understand why Asia was going so hard, like she had money to take care of Adrian.

"Just leave the shit alone, Asia." Darius grabbed his sister's arm, attempting to defuse the situation before it became a big scene.

Asia snatched her arm away before giving them both a disgusted look.

"No, because why are y'all acting like Grandma didn't die?"

"Y'all act like y'all don't care!" Asia snapped

"Because I don't. I don't give a fuck." True responded honestly.

When Hasen saw Asia's shocked expression, she tucked her lips in and looked away.

"After all the shit my grandmother did for you and Dri, this is how you treat her. That's fucked up, True and it's not even funny." Asia spoke through tears, and Darius took that as a chance to pull her away from them.

True didn't care how she felt. It wasn't his problem.

As soon as they got to the elevator, Adrian used his knuckle to push the button before turning to his brother to ask a question.

"You don't care that Nana died?" Adrian asked, and True looked at him.

"No." True responded shrugging his shoulders

"Should I care?" Adrian asked as they walked onto the elevator, and True gave him a look.

"We could talk later." True gave him a simple response, and he looked towards Hasen to see her staring down at her feet.

He leaned over and kissed her cheek softly before giving her hand a gentle squeeze.

_____________________________

This was supposed to be a book with no plot but then I changed my mind that i wanted to create a second book because I have more stuff planned for them !

I feel like one more chapter left before I continue to the next book !