The Shower.

"Elsa! Are you done yet?"

The spray of water echoed off the walls of the bathroom, nearly drowning out Jack's voice. He grumbled and dropped his head against the door. It was nearly 6:30, lord knows why the hell anyone should be up this early, and he was going to be late for work if he didn't get in the shower soon.

"Give me 5 more minutes! I just got in!"

"Nick's going to tear me a new one if I'm late again!"

Jack was already regretting getting a house in the burbs. Getting into the city was hard enough outside of traffic hour and at this of the day, he'd be lucky to make it there by 8:30. But Elsa had fallen in love with this place and both of them had welcomed the change from the chaos of downtown, even if every morning became a battle to get to work on time.

"5 minutes!" Elsa repeated.

Unable to wait any longer, Jack barged into the bathroom and began stripping out of his shirt and boxers. He stepped around the sea-green colored curtain and squeezed in behind Elsa, who was rinsing the rest of the shampoo out of her hair.

"Jack, what the hell are you doing?!" she shrieked in surprise.

"You're taking too long," he complained.

Bits of spray bounced off Elsa's shoulders and hit Jack in the chest. Truthfully, the cramped space was barely comfortable enough for one person, let alone two.

"You really couldn't wait 5 minutes?!"

"I could. But traffic won't," he said, a bit snippy.

"Well, you're making this harder than it has to be," Elsa shot back. "We can't both fit in here."

Elsa attempted to turn around but with little room to maneuver, she ended up backing into Jack's chest. Jack wanted to shoot back some snide remark about not needing to be in here with her if she would learn to shower in less than 30 minutes, but it was hard to stay annoyed with her when she was sliding into him. Instinctively, Jack's arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her slicked body against his. Instantly, what little tension remained seemed to evaporate into the steam, Elsa's body relaxing into his embrace.

"I'm sorry," he found himself whispering, his head falling onto her shoulder. This left his face exposed to the weak pressure of spray pouring down on them but Jack didn't mind. "Still not a morning person."

He nibbled gently on her shoulder and Elsa smiled. She reached up and weaved her fingers into his half-damp locks, also finding herself apologizing. "I'm sorry, too. I'm always hogging the shower in the morning."

They stood silently for a minute, Jack running his hands over Elsa's abdomen and Elsa absently playing with Jack's hair. It was a comfortable silence, one that came from years of shared experience and intimacy. But as the seconds dragged on, that comfort eased into a familiar heat that laced every caress with purpose. Jack's lips soon moved guided by an even baser need, work schedules forgotten, as he kissed along Elsa's shoulder.