Chapter One.

Lauren's POV.

"Camila. What the hell are you even making?" I asked with a sour face as I looked over the random ingredients scattered about the kitchen counter. My roommate (and best friend since we were Rugrats) Camila was cooking for our house guests that were going to arrive a little while from now. She wanted me to cut up some fruit to help out with lunch but I couldn't figure out what she was going to do with what she had taken out.

"My world famous fried peanut butter and jelly and Nutella banana strawberry waffle sandwiches!" Camila exclaimed so quickly that it all sounded like one word. I couldn't believe she was about to cook this contraption for complete strangers but at the same time, I totally could because she's been feeding me shit like this for our entire friendship. And only once in a blue moon did it ever taste decent.

I just shook my head gently and rolled my eyes, my arms folded across my chest as I leaned up against the counter top. I loved the girl to death but she was a little...oblivious and out there sometimes. But that's what I loved about her. Her childlike innocence and desire to never grow up kept me grounded sometimes and reminded me that I didn't need to take life so seriously. Although you'd think she'd at least make something normal to leave a good impression but to her, creating something so unique would do just that.

"Can't we just order pizza like normal people? Just a simple pepperoni pizza with sausage and bacon?" I asked, trying my best to mask the desperation in my voice. I even reached towards my back pocket to grab my phone, ready to speed dial Pizza Hut.

"Mm-mm!" Camila protested in a chipper tone, beaming happily as she popped her last set of frozen waffles into the toaster. I huffed out a sigh of frustration and folded my arms once more. "Lauren, they're gonna love them. I wish you wouldn't doubt me so much. Now can you at least make yourself useful and start up on the fruit? I don't want to still be cooking when they get here."

Without an argument and to make her happy, I turned my body to face the counter and began peeling the few bananas she had laid out for me. Nothing was going to make her change her mind and hopefully, this may be the one time it'll taste good. At least for the sake of our guests. I don't want them to have to starve.

"You mean Dinah and Normani?" I asked, moving the yellow fruit to the cutting board and began slicing them. Normani though? I'd never heard of that name before. All I could think of was Norman Bates but I wasn't going to go ahead and judge before I met her. For all I knew, she could've been a nice girl.

"You've never been so interested in meeting our new neighbors before and bringing them over." I inquired. Camila and I were attached at the hip. We hardly even made new friends because we were always hanging out together. It was never a wonder as to why people thought we were girlfriends. "What's so special about 'em?"

"It's her." Camila exhaled a dreamy sigh, turning her slim body around to lean against the counter now and stare up at an imaginary dream cloud. "Her." she felt the need to repeat herself again. I smiled to myself in an amusing manner and proceeded to cut the fruit into small slices. Camila had fallen in love at first sight. Again. Before classes could even start. That was a new record.

"Lauren, Dinah's skin tone is so beautiful, her brown eyes sparkle even when she's not speaking and her body is absolutely incredible. Out of this world. I complimented her on it and she assured me that I needed to see how fit her roomie is so I decided to invite them both over. It'll be a house of pretty, bootylicious ladies and awesome food. Aren't you excited!?"

"Oh, yeah. Thrilled. I'm so excited to meet your polyamorous girlfriends and be a fourth wheel." I said jokingly as Camila snapped out of her daydream to handle the waffles once they popped up from the toaster. Camila was the type of girl who just liked everybody and everybody liked her. She claimed to be so socially anxious but she was cute, flirty and nobody ever had a bad thing to say about her. For as long as I've known her, she's never put a label on her sexuality. She could appreciate the beauty of men and women equally. I was the same way but I couldn't ever find myself kissing or dating girls like Camila does. I simply never had the desire before.