eight.

(⁠・⁠-⁠・⁠)⁠ ⁠\⁠(⁠・⁠◡⁠・⁠)⁠/

present...

"and that's how my life goes. and that's how i met your grandparents. it's a little ridiculous, right?" jisung chuckled. he was still laying on minho's lap but he was not facing minho anymore, as he was facing the river while speaking.

"no, it's not. look at me." jisung sat up and looked at minho. they were inches away from each other but no one cared.

the older fixed the latter's hair by brushing his hand against it and cupped his face.

"you are doing better than you expected. just because things aren't going your way, doesn't mean it's a failure." minho pinched jisung's cheeks and smiled.

"you did well."

"even if you just breathed, you did well."

jisung's world stopped.

he looked at the older's eyes as he was patting jisung's head gently. he was mesmerized by the older's beauty as he just stared at him, his dark, boba-like eyes, his high bridge nose, his pink, kissable lips. everything about him is just as perfect as this moment is.

what the hell?

what is this feeling?

his heart is pounding so fast.

is this because of this man in front of him?

is this because of minho?

no, fucking way.

this can't be, right?

they are just friends like he always wanted, right?

this is not the feeling that he wishes not to feel, right?

he looked down and smiled bitterly.

this can't be.

the older noticed this and he frowned.

"are you okay?" he asked. the younger just nodded, still looking down.

"i think we should go home for now." he says, not facing the older.

"i said you can not continue it if you ever feel uncomfortable. why are you so stubborn?" minho hugged the latter, jisung's eyes grew wide while he was still looking down, but he couldn't seem to resist the touch no more.

"what are you doing?" he asked.

"why? can't i hug you and cheer you up? besides, you're my friend now, right?"

this might be a little surprising, but these words hurt jisung. maybe slight, maybe a little bit too much.

but who is he to complain?

he's really just a friend, after all.

"thank you." was all he uttered and melted into the hug.

"you can always rely on me." minho let go of him, he smiled. he suddenly wished that this side of jisung would never happen again, especially not when he's around.

jisung smiled back at him then stared back at the river in front of them.

there was suddenly a silence between them, rather, a happy silence that no one could ever describe.

"so, do you want to do something else?" he tried to change the topic. luckily, it succeeded. jisung's eyes lit up and nodded enthusiastically.

"you want me to tour you into the island?" he asked, very determined. he always wanted to do this with a friend since the beginning especially with minho but they kind of had a tom and jerry relationship when they first met.

"sure." the older male responded.

jisung then giggles. "you have no idea what you have missed in this wonderful place. let's go!" he reached for minho's hand and minho unconsciously smiled as he didn't even try to remove the hand on his grip and they both walked out of their favorite place.

-

a long day has passed, a purple-ish shade started to color the once clear pinkish sky as it was now with a crescent moon that was a bit hard to see clearly because of the clouds roaming around. the mid evening breeze started to hit the trees, moving gracefully. it was already a peaceful afternoon the road is not as crowded as expected.

i need you, girl wae honja salanghago honjaseoman ibyeolhae?

i need you, girl wae dachil geol almyeonseo jakku nega pil-yohae?

while these two are not as peaceful as it seems. they have already drank 2 bottles of soju now. and believe it or not, it will be dangerous for both of them if one does not stop.

i need you, girl, neon aleumdawo

minho and jisung are in a karaoke place somewhere on the island after roaming almost all of the places on the island in just a day.

i need you, girl, neomu chagawo

they are both a singing mess right now. jisung sings the whole song and minho just did a second motion but he knew the choreography of almost all the songs they have played.

"do they have another bottle of soju here?" jisung suddenly stopped singing and asked minho. the older has stopped dancing too when he saw jisung wobble while slightly closing his eyes.

he smiled and took the mic from jisung for his turn to sing but his voice cracked in the first line in the second verse but no one seems to care seeing as they were both not in their right minds right now.

minho stopped singing after a while and sat on the couch and just let the music finish itself. they are both tired of how they acted right now, actually.

"...call jeongin..." jisung mumbled. minho couldn't hear it so he went to the younger to help him sit down.

"what? what did you say?" minho asked, helping jisung to lay down his head in his lap.

"i said call my best friend." the older rolled his eyes as he took the younger's phone that was already handed to him. he found jeongin's contact after scrolling and passing through others' contacts.

"why does he have so many contacts here? " minho thought.

"hello? jeongin here!" a voice was heard on the other line. minho's glad that he clicked the right number even if he's quite drunk right now.

"hi, jeongin. it's minho. me and jisung are quite in a situation right now." he then looked at the sleeping figure in his lap. jisung is now sleeping soundly, hugging his knees, curling up in a ball. minho smiled.

-

soft chapter for today because i am already running out of ideas! ㅠㅠ

don't let yourselves starve people!

xoxo, leeknoringg.