𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐎𝐍

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

After what felt like an eternity of flying through planets and going through numerous jumps, they finally made it to their destination. The ship came to an abrupt stop right outside Ego's planet's atmosphere, causing Primrose to fall out of her seat and crash onto the ground. The Quill woman just stayed there for a long moment while trying to get rid of the feeling of being in a giant pinball machine. If all her senses were working, she would be standing and screaming at Rocket. Lucky for the raccoon, her brain wasn't working at its full capacity just yet.

It wasn't long after that when Kraglin appeared in her line of vision and helped her to her feet. Primrose sent the Obfonteri man a grateful smile before turning her attention toward the front of the ship. The grin on her face soon faded when she saw the glare Yondu was sending Rocket's way. It was the same look Peter received after one of his failed missions. One that always came with a lecture that never seemed to end.

"What the h*ll you doing, boy?!" Yondu shouted, causing Rocket to flinch before he looked over at the Udonta man.

"I could tell by how you talked about him, this Ego's bad news. We're here to save Quill."

"For what? Huh? For honor? For love?"

"No! I don't care about any of those things!" Rocket exclaimed to Yondu's mockery as Primrose and Kraglin made their way to the front of the ship, "I wanna save Quill so I can prove I'm better than him! I can lord this over him forever!"

The Quill woman let out a loud scoff, causing the raccoon to glance over at her. However, before either of them could say a word, Yondu began laughing uncontrollably. Everyone on the ship just stared at him as if he had gone insane. It wasn't long after that when Rocket opened his mouth to speak. "What are you laughing at me for?"

"You can fool yourself and everyone else, but you can't fool me," the former leader of the Ravagers stated as he walked towards the large window at the front of the ship, "I know who you are."

"You don't know anything about me, loser," Rocket retaliated after getting to his feet and taking a few steps toward the Udonta man.

"I know everything about you," Yondu stated while turning around to face the angry raccoon before taking a few steps toward him, "I know you play like you're the meanest and the hardest but, actually, you're the most scared of all."

"Shut up!"

"I know you steal batteries you don't need and you push away anyone who's willing to put up with you because just a little bit of love reminds you how big and empty that hole inside you actually is."