𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐓'𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐄

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

The sibling reunion was soon cut short by the shouting coming from nearby. Both of the Quills let out long sighs as they ended their embrace and turned their attention back to the situation at hand. Primrose wasn't surprised when they found everyone glaring at Rocket, especially after they almost destroyed the entire palace. Although it did bring the brunette woman joy knowing that she wasn't the only one that the raccoon drove crazy with his plans.

"What are you doing?! You could've killed us!" Drax shouted, causing the furry creature to turn around in his seat to face them.

"Uh, 'thank you, Rocket'?" the raccoon responded without bothering to hide the slight annoyance in his voice.

"We had it under control," the Kylosian man announced, right as Mantis peeked around Drax with a terrified look on her face.

"We did not. That is only an extension of his true self. He will be back soon," the woman in green told them with fear in her voice while Peter's attention landed on the silent woman standing in the corner of the ship.

"What's Smurfette doing here?"

"Whatever I need to do to get a d*mn ride home," Nebula responded with anger in her voice right as Rocket's attention landed on the Luphomoid woman.

"She tried to murder me and Primrose!" the raccoon shouted, causing Nebula to send him a sharp glare.

"I saved both of you, you stupid fox!"

"He's not a fox," Gamora declared while sending an irritated look in her sister's direction.

"I am Groot!"

"I'm not a raboon, either!"

Groot instantly turned around and shot a glare Rocket's way, something Primrose hadn't seen in a very long time. It wasn't long after that when the small creature started speaking slower than ever before. "I am Groot."

"Raccoon. Whatever," Rocket sighed right as the ship began shaking uncontrollably.

After exchanging a concerned look with her brother and Gamora, Primrose turned her attention towards one of the windows, only for her blood to run cold. Directly outside of their ship, blue glowing tentacles emerged from the floor and shot up into the sky. Primrose stared out the window in horror as they began wrapping around the ship. It wasn't long after that when she slowly turned around to face her brother. "How do we kill a Celestial?"

"There's a center to him," Peter explained while walking across the ship towards the ladder that would take him to the top deck, "his brain, his soul, whatever it is. Some sort of protective shell."