Chapter 1

The cold morning air hit Embers face as she walked to the library to return an over do book. As the was walking along her normal path to the library she noticed something, a new store, the sign read, 'THE CURIOSITY SHOP' now that sounded like something Ember would enjoy, she strayed from her path to the library to open the big doors into the mysterious shop that some how popped up over night. 

Once inside the shop Ember looked around, a huge carpet coated most of the floor, she saw shelves of jars with labels on them, with price tags under them, more shelves with mysterious books, charms in clear vases, cyberpunk technology almost like a mad scientist donated everything to the store, mystical looking pots, necklaces, bracelets, crowns, amulets, crystals, and more. She turned to the other side of the cozy store that looked like it came straight out of a fantasy world, she saw cloaks hanging on pegs with tags on them labeled with stuff like,'invisibility cloak' and 'teleportation cloak', she also saw more jars with labels on them, a big bookcase, more shelves wich held potions, candles, mysterious powder in obscured colors, and on the last shelves she saw she saw Wands, like magic wands, the place seemed cramped with all the stuff, but it felt cozily nice, Ember walked over to the side of the shop with the jars and cloaks, she jokeingly put on the invisibility cloak and looked in the mirror, she saw nothing there, she removed the cloak, and there she stood, Ember felt her inner child awaken inside her, she began looking around the store and saw a wooden desk that seemed to be cluttered with magical books, potions, and papers, there also stood a cash register, but it looked different. A bell sat next to the cash register. Ember walked back over to the pegs and hung the cloak back up before she walked back to the desk to ring the bell. Ember looked up too the celling and saw a floating train traveling around the room, and paintings hung on the ceiling waved at her, she awkwardly waved back to the, before looking back in front of her, and ringing the bell. 

Ding!

The bell seemed to speak when it was rung, Ember then heard a crash from somewhere in the store, just then  a tall  women with white hair, pointed ears and Hazel eyes, dressed in witchy clothing appeared in front of her, 

"yes?" The women asked, a heavy French accent followed every word she said, 

"Uhm, yes, do you know where I am?" The woman rolled her eyes, 

"Well, darling, your in the curiosity shop! Did you not read the sign?" The woman retorts, ember turns a little pink from embarrassment. 

"Now, if you have any real questions please ask them now, the portals in the back need prepping." The woman said 

"Portals?" Embers jaw dropped, portals? Like real ones? She couldn't believe it, even though she had just worn a real invisibility cloak, she still couldn't imagine REAL portals. 

"Yes, REAL portals," the woman answered 

"Okay, uhm," ember looked behind door was different than it was before. Ember turned around to get a better look, and the woman rolled her eyes, Ember heard a poof, then the woman was gone.