Chapter 1

Lorelei had led a terrible and amazing life. She had many marriages and many children. But let's begin where it all started.

Lorelei cried tears of happiness, Koo had just proposed to her on a sunset cruise. The fairy lights flickered and the birds tweeted as the ring sparkled in the lighting. "Yes!" She cried. Koo smiled and began to cry as well.

The marriage day was the best day of Lorelei's life. Her whole family had been brought together by the power of love. Koo and Lorelei finished their vows and kissed a big fat kiss.

They honeymooned in Paris, the city of love. The scene wasn't as romantic as expected, with the rain pouring down every day of their visit. But Koo and Lorelei were still as happy as they would ever be.

As their honeymoon unfortunately ended, Lorelei fell sick. She threw up in the airport toilet and began to cry. The romantic holiday had been ruined.

As they were driving along the road to their newly bought villa in Melbourne, the fuel ran low. They ran to the nearest service station with their Jerry can, and Koo began to fill it up. Lorelei wandered into the store. Ding Dong! The first thing she spotted was a pregnancy test. Was it a sign? She checked her surroundings and pulled it off the shelf. She didn't want Koo to get suspicious. If Koo found out she could be pregnant, they'd surely leave.

They both left the station with the jerry can and the secret pregnancy test, and hopped into the ute.

As they arrived, Lorelei rushed inside. Koo raised an eyebrow.

"Hahaha... I'm just going to go to the bathroom," Lorelei said. She swung open the door and ran upstairs.

Two pink lines. Lorelei knew what that meant. She threw it in the bin as tears fell down her face. How would she tell Koo? She washed her face to mask her tears and returned to the front door. Koo was waiting with a frown on their face. "You took a long time in there, are you ok?" Lorelei smiled. "Of course Koo. Why would anything be wrong!?" She rushed to the car and started to unpack the bags with Koo.

"I need to go to the bathroom now as well, I guess it's contagious!" They smiled.

Koo ventured to the bathroom upstairs. They rummaged through the trash and found the test. Koo jumped in horror. Koo stayed silent for the rest of the afternoon, no comment or remark seemed to come out of their mouth. But suddenly, "Lorelei, why lie to me? We can't build a relationship on this." Lorelei swallowed. "Because I knew what would become of it, my beloved Koo. I love you so very very very much," Lorelei said.

There was no response. They both fell silent. Lorelei slept on the couch that night, but when she awoke, Koo was gone. So were all of their things.