Prelude

I know that, as it stands, the beginning chapters of Our Love Could Be Lethal (OLCBL) are not the best in terms of quality. They were written by a much younger, much less trained and educated creative writer than I am now. Since the story's conception, I have been excited to get to the 75th Games. There are many very old, very detailed plans for those Games that I've been itching to get to, but I've found myself paralyzed with writer's block due to the instability of the foundational chapters, hence my lack of updates for OLCBL in recent months. Large parts of the "old" chapters are no longer up to my current standards and had been weighing on my mind heavily as I felt their quality was disjointedly and jarringly far from the quality of more current chapters like those in Act III. During my hiatus, I have been working on this new version of Act I you're about to read here. I am extremely proud of these new chapters I hope that you'll enjoy them as they come out and the 75th Games and beyond once they're finished.

If you're one of the people who have stumbled across this fic for the first time through this book, welcome! I recommend that you read these chapters here and then skip to Act II when reading the main book as there are going to be some slight changes with the rest of Act I that won't line up with what's being written here, but will still line up with Act II.

~ninjasawakenedmystar