Part 1

I see red. I see pink. I see green. Club lights flashed, and music boomed; though my growing headache did not approve. I balanced the tray of drinks, while my other senses tried not to get knocked over. People crowded this place like sheep in a herd. Making my way through the sea of sweaty bodies I finally reached the table I was serving and placed the drinks down.

"Thanks gorgeous" came the words, a narly looking man with me on the recieving end. Before I could turn and bolt, I watched as his meaty fingers reach into his pocket coming out with a 100 dollar bill. I knew exactly where he wanted to put it, and you know for a second. Just a second, I contemplated it.

Never.

No matter, how worse my life seems to be getting. I'd rather die. Turning away as if I didn't see it I rushed away, refusing to look back.

Riya. You're being dramatic. Focus on your work.

Taking spot back at my post, I waited for any other eager customers I sighed. Another half hour until I was done, would I even make it to the restaurant in time? Snapping me out of my thoughts, my boss stepped in front of me.

"I need you up in the VIP area, ASAP. Can't keep those customers waiting" she said, quick and clean. Before she marched off.

With another deep breath I took myself up the stairs , that led to the vip area.

29 minutes.

- x -

I'd made it to the end of the shift, the grueling task of serving rich snobs who are probably cheating on their wives. I walked with a goal to leave the club and make my next job but as if I have the literal luck of a tortilla chip; a squad of men walked in, blocking my exit. These men looked brute, and I braced myself as the one in front spoke. "Five whiskeys on the rocks"

They drifted passed me and I tried not to pay attention to their gazes. Turning around I rushed to the bar to get their drinks. Last order then I'll go.

Balancing the whiskey glasses on the tray, I made my way to their table. I could see some "show" girls already making their way to the men. Their serious face seemed more relaxed now, one could mistake them for teenagers when they looked like that. I made it to the table, but slowed when I saw one of their gazes specifically set on me. His hair was dark and he had one of those picture perfect model faces, too perfect, you know?

Coming to a complete stop within about a foot away from their table, nerves crept up my spine. The table had gone quiet and I got a really bad feeling. "Your whiskey" I said, embarrassed of how soft it came out.

"I didn't say whiskey honey, I said vodka" he snarled

I glanced at his companions maybe this was some sick joke, I watched as one of the snickered.

"Sir, I'm quite sure you said Whiskey"

"You calling me a liar?" He smirked.

My blood boiled hotter, with each passing second.

"Sir, I have to go. Could I kindly appoint you to a new waiter. You'll have your vodka soon." I tried mustering up the kindest voice I could, but I'm sure he heard the stab.

As if this were a game to him, amusement pooled in his eyes.

"No fucking way, you're gonna fix your mistake and then you're gonna come back here and sit on my lap like a good girl"

I clenched my teeth so hard, I'm sure my molar almost shattered. The nerve of this man.

"Sorry sir, I'm not a stripper. But I could appoint one to you, they'd be happy to help." Still trying to keep my cool.

His friends seemed to find this transaction extremely funny, apparently...I clenched my jaw once more, relax Riya.

"I don't want a hoe, I said I want you. Do you see any other nig-"

Oh god. Why did I do that. Why, why, why
I stood frozen, watching as whiskey dripped from the mans nose. A grueling expression on his face. Retracting my hand, holding the glass I grimaced. His friends snickered and scoffed, not truly believing it either. Without saying a word, I turned on my heel. 2 steps, just two. Before my wrist was grabbed, a yelp escaped my mouth and I lost balance of the tray the entire thing falling. Along with expensive whiskey glasses and whiskey....

"What the hell!" I shouted, turning to face this idiot. His ugly, porcelain face still dampened by the alcohol accompanied a deep scowl. Seeing my manager well on his way towards me, I knew I was fired.

"You bitch"

"You rich ass snobs are so fucking selfish, would it kill you to just take no for an answer?" I screamed

"Yes."

"Fuck you!"

I ripped my wrist out of his grasp and practically marched out of the club. ARGH!

Bodies pushed up against me, and my managers voice demanded I turn back, but you know what? Fuck it. I breathed in the fresh air trying to calm down. Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes. I won't even bother trying to make it to my next job, I'm too late anyway. Fired. I can't do it anymore. I can't manage it all. A sob broke out but I clamped my mouth shut using both hands.

"Just drop it , Devan!" Whipping my head around, I heard the deep grumble of a voice.

Mr Picture Perfect, now identified as Devan came rushing out toward me, looking rather upset. Devan's friend well on his tail, trying to stop him.

Oh gosh. They just won't leave me alone.

————

Until next time ! ❤️ Please vote ❤️

Suggestions? 👀

Predictions? 👀