45

Omniscient

"Alanna, Treylynd has had a plan to murder you" Alanna almost jumped out of her seat in shock. She couldn't believe what just came out of the detective's mouth.

The detective sat and waited for Alanna to give a response but she couldn't. She could only stare at the table with blurry eyes before her tears began to fall.

"I know what I said was a lot to take in, especially by someone you thought loved you-"

"I knew he didn't love me, I-I just liked hearing him say it" Detective Charles didn't say anything more but watched the girl in front of him break down.

He walked out of the room thinking of his own daughter that was at home. He couldn't even think of her going through the same thing as Alanna. It was too traumatic.

The poor girl had bruises all over her and was very underweight. Her hair was thin and her nails were short from being bitten.

"She's currently crying, I think someone should be in there with her right now. I-I mentally can't" the psychotherapist that was there for her nodded and stepped through the same small door and sat in the chair in front of her.

She knew the best option for Alanna would be to admit her to the institution she worked at and since she had no residence she was living currently, she would practically be forced to go anyways.

"I know you've been through a lot Alanna, I know you have but now it's time for you to focus on your mental health. You won't be seeing Treylynd anymore"

A part of Alanna was happy she wouldn't have to face him after she often forgot about all the negative moments they had together and mostly remembered the good ones, but the other half of her remembered the bruises and how bad they hurt.

Neither side of her wanted to balance.

"Me and your mother discussed taking you into my institution. You have nowhere to go as the apartment you just moved into is now taken away from Treylynd and I do selfishly want you to heal. Once we see you improve we'll let you leave"

If Alanna had somewhere to go or anything to make her happy at the moment she'd say no, but she had nothing but herself.

Dom hasn't called her in weeks, and she hasn't heard from Mya since graduation.

"O-Okay" Malissa smiled and stood up in her chair, Alanna slowly stood up with her. They walked out to her car and just then she saw her mom walking out of the police station looking more depressed than she ever did before.

Her mother signed the mental institution agreement papers very slowly and handed them off to Malissa not even saying a word to Alanna. But Alanna knew it was because her mother was too mentally weak to fathom a word from her mouth.

They drove off to the mental institution where Malissa brought her to a room that wasn't as bad as she saw in movies. A bed, Tv, and a closet. Which to Alanna was better than sleeping with Trey to possibly being woken up at 6 in the morning to be hit for not doing something to his liking.

"It's not much but try to make yourself at home. I'll be back to talk to you more about staying here soon. Your mother said she'd try to bring over as much stuff for you from Trey's apartment as she can"

Alanna nodded once more and laid in the medical bed crying again under the covers.

Alanna could only think about how cliche it was that people said 'hurt people hurt people but now she realized it was true. She was now a victim of it.

Trey was her drug and she knew he suffered from things in the past but with the goodness of her heart she took him in.

He was tarnished and broken and now she is too.

So for the next 6 months of her life, she succumbed to medications, treatments that didn't work, and everything they could.

And as they let her out 6 months later because they thought her life was getting better, Alanna felt that same sorrow and sadness, and a week after being taken out of the institution. She took her life.

She was at peace now, and that was all she ever wanted.

The End.