ten.

┐⁠(⁠ ̄⁠ヘ⁠ ̄⁠)⁠┌

three days after that day...

it has been three days since the drunk scenario of the two male happened. everything is still normal for them. nothing has changed in their behavior and they're still friends like they expected. they were still normal, but jisung, has his feelings for the latter grow bigger and spread further through his heart and brain like a virus. he doesn't like the idea of him avoiding the latter without any reason, so he thinks that maybe he's just gonna avoid the older's eyes, gazing upon him as he speak, but it's not just minho's eyes who made jisung fall for him, it is his whole existence. love and safety is minho himself. he doesn't get why did he fell for minho in the first place.

he has no other reason to say if he would be asked by that question.

how did he like the latter?

what did he see in him that made him think of so many absurd things like this?

all he knew was that, he still doesn't know the reason but he was certain and he would be lying if he would deny himself that these feelings are true.

"good evening, aunt, uncle!" jisung greeted the elders. he will be eating dinner with them and especially with minho, and will probably kill some time with the latter afterwards.

minho went downstairs and when he saw jisung already at the dining area, he smiled at the younger as the latter returned the greetings by smiling back to him.

"hi," jisung mumbled under his breath. minho just chuckled and sat at the chair across the younger.

the foods were served one by one as jisung went to help the elders. minho can't stop but stares at the younger as jisung does his business.

honestly these past few days, minho was feeling the same thing as jisung's. he's confused about how he feels about the younger. he, too, is skeptical about his feelings for jisung. he's still denying himself and maybe he's just being overdramatic and just maybe like to be accompanied by the younger because he's alone now. no chan, no hyunjin, just him.

and apparently, they both don't know about these seemingly mutual feelings that grow inside them.

neither of them knew that they were feeling the same thing for each other.

not now,

not yet.

they were eating peacefully now at the dining area and only the clanking of the spoon to the plates are heard. no one seems interested to break the silence between them. until someone has.

"so, what are you planning to do in the future, jisung?" the elder male asked. jisung looked at him then to minho who was already looking at him and he glanced back to the latter's grandfather.

"i'm going to college and... will probably move into the city when i earn money."

jisung doesn't know why he became nervous at the sudden question. it is indeed his plans for his life so why would he be nervous?

"what about you, minho?" all eyes shifted to minho's, who stopped eating his food and looked at the eyes looking at him.

"i'm going to be a teacher. history class in the fourth year of highschool is the one that i will take, specifically." the latter said impassively and continued to eat his food.

jisung suddenly got insecure.

no, actually, he doesn't know how to feel about the older's words that he heard just now.

how did the people around him have dreams to fulfill?

why doesn't he have one?

-

"hyung."

after eating, the two male did the dishes because the elders went to their neighbors to also kill some time while letting the food go down deeply into their stomach.

the two are now in minho's room. jisung is sitting in minho's study table, blankly starring and flipping through minho's storybooks that he brought with him when he arrived at the island.

"hmm?" minho hummed, who is laying down on his bed, scrolling through his phone. he looked at the latter who had his back facing the older.

"what's the sudden honorifics? is there something wrong?" minho sat down on his bed, he suddenly realized what the younger boy called him just now.

"nothing. i'm just wondering,"

"what is it?"

"how are you having those things that you want to become in the future? like, i have some things to fulfill too but it's not my passion. how do i know what i want?"

minho sighed.

"well it depends on how we are living our life. and it depends on our decisions."

"why do i not have something to carry through like you?"

minho turned the chair jisung was sitting at, so that he could face the younger who now widens his eyes at the sudden action. minho gazed upon the younger's dark brown orbs, that were full of mixed emotions inside it.

the older male suddenly felt so lost at the seemingly deep circles that almost looked like it was holding the whole universe inside it.

he doesn't know why he always does these kinds of things to the latter. and for what benefit? to flutter the younger? to dig up his own grave?

or both?

"you know, these things are not to be rushed. as i've said, it depends on how we are living our life. and it depends on our decisions. it's just that some people are quick enough to choose their life, some don't. and if you happened to be part of either of them, nothing special will happen. all dreams are meant to be fulfilled. some problems are meant to be overcomed. that's life. it doesn't have to always go your way." the older managed to utter in spite of him being fluttered at his own doing. he patted the younger's head softly and smiled.

jisung smiled back, "you know, you're too good of a friend." he said. "and no one made me feel so validated like you." the latter added. minho just looked at him, still smiling and ruffled jisung's hair.

"i don't want my friends to become mentally unstable."

especially you.

-

filler chapter again! oh my god i'm so sorry for giving you too much filler chapters, i promise the next chapter will not be a filler since we're close to the climax of the story! i hope you enjoyed!

drink lots of water and take care of yourself!

xoxo, leeknoringg.

(update: double update! christmas break is nearby, so i think it is time to publish this draft already so i could make another. it has been so busy lately so i was unable to give updates on this story. but i still want to continue, though! it's just that my time management could not.)