Prologue

"Let's go, [R/N] High School!"

All of it was such a blur, as all that could be remembered that day were the deafening screams of young high schoolers, who all so foolishly clinged onto their hopes of victory.

There it was on the gigantic scoreboards that held the fate of many on the vast field, numbers displayed so clearly for all to witness.

'4-2'

The scores were practically irreversible, and the odds stacked overwhelmingly against the opponent's side.

With only 2 minutes running on the timer, there wasn't much that they could do. After all, they were fighting against someone no one truly believed was just a 15 year-old.

That's right, it was the one and only...

"Soar, Flying Eagle!"

The crowds went crazy with cheers and heavy chanting, as the stadium practically echoed across that short yet powerful sentence.

In the field was none other than Usui Tetsuya, the person almost half the stadium came to watch.

After trampling on countless high schools before him mercilessly, no one dared strip him of his glory.

No, it was that no one could.

"Usui, it's all on you now!"

One of the players screamed, sending a straight yet slightly funky pass to the said male, who even so received it  flawlessly.

"Hm, leave it to me."

Usui ran swiftly with the ball still in his possession across the field, skillfully maneuvering around anyone who had attempted to get in his and his goal's way.

"You're not getting away, you damned bird!"

Usui was suddenly met with a decently strong kick, which was enough to send the ball slightly off-course and in a irregular direction.

This was it.

Extending his arms far behind, Usui's focus locked solely onto the goal before him, as his eyes glowed a dangerous hollow glint.

His legs tensed up, bent down, and suddenly ejected the boy up to great heights where no one could even dare to reach him.

Automatic calculations of the goal's proximity and accuracy ran in Usui's mind in that few seconds in mid-air, immediately finding the spot that guaranteed the goal.

'The ball is not in the desirable position for a score, but this will do...'

As the ball was far too low for Usui to properly score a goal, he immediately reached over for a light tap, which helped giving the ball some height.

Just then, as his opponents had thought of this as an opportunity to take the vulnerable ball away from his grasp, a swift twisting movement and consecutive swing of his leg send huge gusts of wind to those around him, the ball being shot into the goalpost in blinding speeds.

BEEP!

'5-2!'

It only took that fabulous score to set the crowd on fire, with endless cheers of those in their seats, who were simply riled up by the amazing display in technical skill and strength.

"To be able to move mid-air like that, he must have a really strong lower body!"

"Right?! They don't call him The Flying Eagle for nothing!"

Was what the crowd collectively agreed on. And that was not far from the truth at all.

Usui Tetsuya, the high schooler with an insane superiority in lower body strength. Something that enables him to move so freely even in mid-air was what scared his opponents away so often.

Among such commotion, the game however, had not ended just yet.

'One more minute...that's more than enough for another goa-'

It all flashed before his eyes.

Before the exhausted Usui could even regain his train of thought, a sudden spike in pain at the back of his head caught not only himself, but everyone within the stadium off guard.

"Agh!"

Tumbling down roughly into the ground, Usui's vision only began to blur more as his teammates' cries for emergency help was all that he could process before him.

'What even happened...'

His dazed vision brought himself to one individual. A boy wearing the attire of the opponent school looking at him with such a mocking gaze, laughing with his little group of lackeys.

As confused as this all was for him, nothing else could hold him back as he finally succumbed to the hard strike on his head, blacking out cold and unresponsive to those around him.

~~~~~~~

2 years later...

"The Flying Eagle, Usui Tetsuya of
[R/N] high school, finally falls as he sustains massive head injury."

"Attackers found to be those from the opponent school of [R/N] high school,
suspended from playing on field ever again."

"Will he ever soar high again, [R/N] high's Fallen Eagle...?"

Words spread fast, so fast that not even a prodigy well-known to everyone in the soccer scene is immune to it's damaging effects.

"I haven't been to any matches ever since that injury, and yet they start speculating things like this."

Usui Tetsuya, now 17 years-old, after having recovered from his head injury just five months ago, is finally free from any future hospital check-up.

"That may be true, but you've already fully recovered, Usui! You'll be back in the scene in no time!"

Tossing away the newspaper that was clenched so tightly in the male's hand,
the older woman who was practically a copy of Usui pointed out cheerfully, a hand patting her son reassuringly on the back.

"Mother..."

The woman only smiled, before sitting beside her beloved son on their soft leather couch.

"Besides, I've received a pretty interesting letter, Usui. And it refers to you specifically."

The playfulness in her voice was soon overtaken by a serious tone, as Mdm Tetsuya handed over the sealed letter to her confused yet curious son.

"A letter..."

Trailing off, Usui couldn't help but rip open the letter in his hand. But what he was met with only surprised him even more.

...from the Japan Football Union?!"