𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛- 𝐴 𝑟𝑖𝑑𝑑𝑙𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑠𝑜𝑙𝑣𝑒𝑑

The morning sun streamed through the window in Robin's bedroom, rippling on the carpet in a line and trailing over her sheets. Buckley awoke, raising her arm to rub the sleep away from her eyes. She had absolutely no idea what time it was, since she hadn't needed to be up for work- and with the lack of alarm clock set, Robin had slept in, not worrying about any known plans until later.

The woman groaned slightly as she stretched under the duvet, tilting her head to view the alarm clock sat on the side. It was eleven a.m; she had slept well.

Soon enough, hands met with hair, pulling the strands in front of her face as she took a deep breath in and out, leaving her arms to flop down beside her after all was exhaled.

Robin stared at the ceiling, duvet tucked tight under armpits. It seemed quiet outside; no cars passing on the road or children screaming on their bikes. It was how she preferred it; calm and settled.

It had been a while since Robin's parents had been home. Even though it got lonely sometimes, she didn't seem to mind anymore. At least it wasn't just her with the lack of parental figures, it was her best friend, too- so maybe it didn't always get as lonely as it could've been alone.

Deciding to take a step up and a visit to the bathroom, the occupant rose, stumbling over to the other room to complete the normal morning ritual of teeth-brushing, etcetera.

The bathroom tiles were cold on her feet, sharp temperature stinging her soles. She stepped forward, grabbing her toothbrush after using the toilet so she could complete what she did every morning. Personal hygiene first, everything else second.

The material on her pyjama shirt hunched around her waist, sitting uncomfortably on her figure- but just as she reached down to fix it while the toothpaste foamed in her mouth, something different distracted her all together.

The front door, which was all the way down the stairs, had someone standing outside of it. They had knocked carefully, seemingly not being that desperate to be acknowledged, but desperate enough for some attention to be called.

Robin paused, scrunching her eyebrows as she spat the foam into the sink and washed it down. No ideas came to mind over who it could be, so she made the decision to cautiously step down, making slow movements as she studied the shape behind the glass pane.

The figure was small; not as tall as Steve or Eddie, but slightly taller than Dustin. They were standing, so it couldn't of been Max, or even Lucas, (as he was side by side with her commonly) so it made the woman ponder. Who the hell could it be?

A knock came tapping on the door again.

"Coming!" Robin called as she stepped her way down, tiptoeing carefully for no reason but her own comfort.

The person at the door didn't mind the wait, so didn't knock again- and soon enough, Robin made contact.

She placed her hand upon the handle, pushed it down, and swung open the door to a very miserable looking Byers.
Robin paused, and then blinked, and then smiled. It was a confused smile, but none the less a welcome.

"Will," she spoke, eyes wide in confusion, "what can I help you with?"

The younger boy stood awkwardly for a moment- his fingers toying with his flannel sleeve.
"May I come in?"

His question was delicate, sensitive.

"Uh- yeah! Of course- forgive me, though- I'm not dressed yet."
Robin gestured down to her long-legged pj's before stepping back to allow the boy through.

"No, no- I don't mind." He spoke as he allowed himself to step in, nodding in gratitude at the open door.

"Alrighty, then."