Drowning

Meghan POV

Recently I've been feeling like I'm drowning in an ocean of water and I'm struggling to keep my head above the water as each wave comes at me, each one stronger than the last one. I'm struggling to find something that prevents me from going under. I hold my breath as another wave hits me and drags me under again, I try to scream for help but water and bubbles escape my mouth, my lungs are on fire. I fight against the water that's currently holding me down.

I kick at the water, trying to get up to the top of the water, but the more I struggle, the faster I drown, reaching the bottom of the ocean floor.

"Meghan!" A familiar voice is muffled by the water between us. Even though I kind of recognise his voice, I don't know his name.

"Meghan, hold on!" The muffled voice is telling me as loud as they can.

A man with ginger hair and brown eyes breaks through the water, our eyes locking through the water.

Harry, my husband, he's telling me to hold on.

"Hold on love!" Harry shouts.

"Harry, help me!" I scream, fighting against the waves again, only water bubbles coming out of my mouth again.

Harry, help me, please! My mind begs silently of my husband before the darkness overtakes me and I surrender to the waves that are dragging me down to the bottom of the ocean.

I bolt wake, gasping for air, drenched in sweat, a silent scream escaping from my mouth. I quickly take in my surroundings: I'm not in an ocean with waves dragging me under, I'm in bed with my husband sleeping beside me with our baby boy a few doors down from our room.

"Meg, you okay, love?" The sleepy voice of my husband comes as his hand finds mine, squeezing it gently. I find myself nodding even though I'm most definitely not fine.

"No, I'm not, I feel like I'm drowning, the waves keep coming stronger and there's nothing I can hold onto to keep stopping me from going under again, I don't know what to hold onto when the waves come again!" I tell my husband who is sitting up, more awake and alert. He immediately gathered me into his arms, rocking me back and forth.

"You can hold onto me, I'll stop you from drowning." My husband says to me quietly. I nod my head against his chest.

"If you ever feel like you're drowning, just hold onto me, I'll always stop you from drowning."

For the next few minutes, we sit in silence, each holding each other, being anchors for our other half.

I know that if I'm drowning, my husband will be my anchor, preventing me from drowning to the bottom of the ocean.

Harry POV

It kills me knowing that my wife, my soulmate, my princess, my Happily Ever After, the mother of my son, my best friend, my other half of me, my everything, feels like she's drowning.

I mean what I said to her about how I'll always hold onto her, and I know she'll always hold onto me if I ever feel like drowning.

We're each other's anchors and we'll always hold each other down when life gets too hard.

I love her and I'd do anything for her, and our son, to ensure that they're happy, healthy and safe.

They're both my anchors:

Meghan and Archie.

My greatest achievements.

A/N: A bit of a dark Harry/Meghan oneshot but enjoy, Angels.