prologue

"I can't do it"jaemin paced and haechan narrowed his eyes at the younger male. It was early in the morning and they were standing outside waiting for jaemin to grow some balls and send off the letter.

"You've been obsessing over this girl for years and now you can't send one little letter?"haechan asked, said boy turned to him with a stressed look. He was conflicted, he could possibly be making your day worse and more complicated than it should've been.

"She's getting married in a week"he tells him, which was true. He was starting to doubt himself.

"Wouldn't it be better to tell her even
if the timing is wrong, than to never
tell her at all?"renjun spoke up and jaemin sighed, biting his bottom lip as he continues to think.

"I guess you're right"he quipped, turning back to the mailbox.

"It'll be your choice at the end of the day, you'll have to live with the what ifs"haechan spoke up again with a softer tone this time.

"Forever"he added and mark patted his back, muttering something to him along the lines of be quiet.

"I get it haechan"jaemin said and the boy just shrugged.

"Just making sure"he said and jaemin sighed, gulping down the lump in his throat before opening the mailbox.

"Fuck- it"now it was only a matter of time before it reached your hands and the rest that followed after that was anyone's guess.
-

-----
"Oh- y/n you have a letter"your maid of honor, Wendy entered your kitchen with your mail and you hummed, getting dinner ready for when your fiancé gets off of work.

"Can you read it? I'm super busy right now"you told her, it wasn't a problem for you because you shared everything with her and she knew about your past.

Except this one.

"dear  y/n, I know I'm probably the last person you want to hear from but I wanted to wish you good wishes with your upcoming wedding.  I recently saw you and it was like all of our memories came flooding back like a movie but you were with your fiance so I guess you didn't pay attention"your eyebrows furrowed in confusion same as hers, you didn't know who this person was but they obviously knew you.

"When I saw you looking at him,
the same way you used to look at
me,I remembered how your love felt.
How you made me feel like a perfect
man, even though I wasn't. I hope he
had more time to give you what you
deserve. You were so good to me
that sometimes it didn't feel real. I
wish I treated you better. But I guess
you're better off with him. I can see
how much he adores and cares for
you. I love you and I want you to be
happy and to know your worth."your best friend read the letter you had received the day before your wedding, your entire face dropped as soon as she started reading that part and then you knew exactly who wrote the letter.

"Sincerely-"

"Jaemin"you said in a daze, instantly memories flooded your mind of your time together.

A shiver ran down your spine.

Oh god, anyone but him.