Family Beach Day

Story Created: 11/18/22

1:38 P.M. – Santa Monica Beach

("Door Into Summer" by Junko Shiratsu plays)

It was another good day in the future, and the future spies knew there was no better place to be than Santa Monica Beach (despite they do have a pool at their beach house).

Future Nick and Future Alex were getting lunch for everyone, as was Future Britney; the other two families were relaxing at the beach – Future Sam and Future Clover with their new babies.

"I couldn't stand being cooped indoors for one more day," Future Sam told the others.

"I hear ya, Sammy," Future Clover quipped. "I have been meaning to give my baby some fresh air, but I keep getting sidetracked."

Future Sam was also coddling her new baby herself with Future Mat by her side. She then put her little one on her lap so she could see the ocean.

"At least our first future kids are already grown," Future Mat commented.

"I hear ya," Future Sam replied.

"I still feel like I got left behind a bit," Future Clover told them.

"Well, to be fair, you HAVE gone through your fair share of boys since Bev High, Clover," Future Sam stated.

"Until Blaine came along," Future Mat added.

"Yeah, I suppose..." Future Clover stated.

"I wouldn't trade her for anything myself," Future Blaine laughed.

"Aww, Blainey..." Future Clover giggled.

Future Sam looked on at Kana and Klee playing with each other near the shoreline.

"H-hey, hey, no fair using your powers, Klee!!" Kana sputtered as Klee splashed her.

"You never said I couldn't," Klee laughed.

In retaliation, Kana splashed Klee with a much bigger splash that distracted Klee just enough for Kana to dive forward and send them both crashing back into the water.

"Oh, looks like they're coming back with our lunches," Future Mat told the others.

"You'd be right, bro," Future Nick replied.

"Oh, thank you, Britney," Future Mat sighed over his own lunch coming.

"But nonetheless, we did promise Klee we'd go in the water with her," Future Alex giggled.

She sat down while keeping her own new baby snug in her hands-free device to keep her baby Anya in.

"Oh, I think Mama's back with lunch," Klee told Kana.

"Just in time!!" Kana laughed.

Future Nick couldn't help but smile at Anya, the memories of his time in the Forgotten Land still coursing through his mind.

"I think I can guess what's on your mind, honey," Future Alex quipped.

"I still can't believe it's actually her," Future Nick responded. "I honestly thought I'd never see her again after all of that..."

"She did say she'd always be with you," Future Alex replied. "I guess that was just her way of showing it."

Future Nick remembered the moment Anya had been born, the first time he'd glimpsed into her eyes, and he could immediately feel that pull, that connection that Future Nick knew so well.

Before Future Nick could reflect on the past, a splash of water drenched both him and Future Alex, causing them to both spin around and notice Klee standing there, a big grin on her face.