ch. 9

__________

"Good, its you"
______

              I woke up again in the hotel room, letting out a disappointed sigh. I was already mad to be awake. At least I wasn't sleeping in an uncomfortable kidnapper bed. Throwing myself up from my pillow, I took in my surroundings. Klaus was passed out on the couch in front of me; which I wouldn't have known without an arm draped over it, seeing as the back of the couch was facing me

"Morning" I huffed, sliding up off the edge of my bed and stumbling onto my feet. His hand flopped up, reciprocating a 'good morning'. "Oh you're awake" I raised my brows, walking to the counter with all the kitchen things on it. Taking out a coffee packet, Klaus groggily gets up "Im awake?" I let out a a small laugh. "Yes Klaus your awake" I nodded, turning back to the coffee maker and shoving the packet into the thing.

This part of the room was quite weird, out of place. The room was very homey, If I'd expect cups it would be a handmade mug of sorts; Not just because of the decor but the era of it all. Instead, a tiny counter with a plastic coffee maker, styrofoam cups, a tea bag rack and a mini fridge. It was like the matrix had glitched or something. It was just odd.

Suddenly; A sigh, then a thud. I jumped, turning my head face him. "I DON'T WANNA BE AWAKE" He whined, now on the floor. "Then go back to sleep idiot" I turned fully around and leaned back on the counter. "But im already awake" He croaked. "Would you like me to hit you over the head with the coffee maker?" I sarcasted. He shuffled up to the backboard of the couch, leaning his chin and hands on the back like a puppy.

"That would be lovely." He hummed. I scoffed through my smile, turning back to my now made coffee! I took out the cup and prepared it with cream and sugar. There will always be fights over this but if someone asks 'you do you want coffee with that cream and sugar' im saying no. Sometimes you need actually happiness in your life. I don't understand how someone could just take it plain.. why not add all the pizazz that makes it not depressing?

After my preparations, I grabbed a handful of four creamers and threw them one by one at Klaus "Here you go weirdo" I huffed, opening and taking a sip of mine. He scrambled trying to catch all of them and made a pile in front of him on the couch, I joined him. This was something we also enjoyed doing since birth, drinking tiny creamer cups. They were a silly little treat? How could you not?

I took another sip, folding my legs to a criss cross position. He peeled back the lid on one of them and took it like a shot. I smiled at him through my styrofoam cup. The smile quickly faded as I thought of how Im not telling him about last night, I wanted to fix how I felt with Klaus' help but I couldn't tell him what needed fixing? "Im not feelin' too hot chief" I spoke abruptly making him look up from his cream pile. Ew, weird phrasing. "Why?" He hummed, crushing his second cup.

"I dunno" I shrugged, shoving my cup into my face. "I think I know" He sighed, putting his elbows on his knees to prop up his face. I widened my eyes into the cup, surprised. A beat of silence; "Its Ben isn't it, I know its weird seeing him again" Klaus continued, thinning his lips into a line. I let out a breath and put down my cup. He doesn't know. "Yeah, you're right" I sighed, starting to stack the creamer cups.

Klaus suddenly jolted up making my cup tower crumble onto the floor of the forest green cushion. I frowned slightly at the defeated tower in front of me. "Lets have girls day" He grinned and I looked up at him. "We have money for a girls day?" I raised a brow. He shrugged "You took all that incel money right?" Klaus asked, leaning over to get another cup. "Oh... right yeah" I trailed off, god my mind was somewhere else today. Maybe still in 1962, maybe in 2005. 05' checks out, I feel like a stupid 16 year old right now.