Trigger Warnings

Please note that this story is not a light, feel-good story. My writing is very focused on the process of overcoming trauma. The themes in this book are probably not appropriate if you're under 18. (Please don't leave comments with your ages. I'm going to start deleting those. You're not edgy because you're ignoring a warning like this one.)

So I just wanted to put this note at the beginning of this story so I don't have to put these in front of every single chapter.

This book is one big trigger warning. It focuses heavily on the issue of trauma, specifically trauma caused by human trafficking and just the general trauma of being a part of the Attack on Titan universe. It also deals with drug addiction and the struggles of someone getting clean, especially in the first few chapters.

I will not be holding back in my descriptions of events in this book. Emmryn and Levi both experience very dark thoughts throughout this book, and while there is romance here, and their relationship is a major focal point of the book, it will not be all happy feel good-ish. (If you need fluff recommendations, feel free to check out my reading lists for my favorite reads.)

A few parts of this book stem from my own personal experience and therefore will be quite descriptive especially in the areas of the feelings that come from PTSD and panic attacks. Before anyone asks, the parts I have experienced are more so the panic attacks and PTSD symptoms Emmryn experiences throughout this story.

Also, if you or anyone else you know is struggling in a domestic violence situation, please reach out to the people around you. Or if you want to talk, I'm always available. I've also included multiple hotline numbers for victims regarding various aspects of abuse and domestic violence. Please don't hesitate to reach out to these lines if you are in danger.

National Resource Center on Domestic Violence
1-800-537-2238

Futures Without Violence: The National Health Resource Center on Domestic Violence
1-888-792-2873

National Center on Domestic Violence, Trauma & Mental Health
1-312-726-7020 ext. 2011

National Network for Immigrant and Refugee Rights
1-510-465-1984

The National Domestic Violence Hotline
1-800-799-7233 (SAFE)

National Dating Abuse Helpline
1-866-331-9474

National Child Abuse Hotline/Childhelp
1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)

National Sexual Assault Hotline
1-800-656-4673 (HOPE)

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
1-800-273-8255 (TALK)

National Center for Victims of Crime
1-202-467-8700