Chapter 1 - Graveyard shenanigans

This is in the third book in the series The Last Apprentice (Book three - The Night of the Soul Stealer) This is alternative version but it still has spoilers so read the book if you haven't! Anyways, enjoy-

My feet picked up speed as I raced around the line, trying to find Morgan. Unluckily he found me first. His figure pulled out of the shadows, the darkness sweeping off his cloak as he did. His face broke into a grin as he saw me. "Well what do we have here?" He said his voice high pitched with a mocking undertone. My tongue remained unresponsive, my mind shrouded in fear. Taking a sharp breathe through my nose I turned on my heel. But as I soon as I turned away Morgan's hand clasped into my shoulder. His stubby fingers dug into my shoulder, making sure to leave a large bruise across my skin. "Don't think we're done yet boy." He grabbed into the collar of my cloak, swiftly moving forward as I stumbled behind him. I could see the church peaking from above his shoulder.

As he dragged me towards it I struggled, pulling uselessly at hind hands. Soon he got fed up stoping mind step. I bumped into him at the change (or lack) of pace, my face pushing against his cloak. His sharp eyes glared into mine as he bring his wooden staff above his head. Soon the world turned back, a large headache taking its place.
.
.

When I finally regained consciousness I felt my back press against something cold. The bumps pressed uncomfortably into my back, making my spine bend oddly. Groaning I placed a hand on my head, my temple thudding painfully against my calloused fingers. "Wake up boy, we have Business to take care of." My heart sunk into dread as a scratchy voice reached my ears. Prying open my eyes I met Morgan's red cloak facing me. I was in a cellar, my hands tied behind my back with tight ropes. The stones beneath my arms were jagged and sharp, poking into my skin. There was a single candle in Morgan's hand, illuminating his face intimidatingly.

I gulped in fear. Trying to get up from my back I made a large screech. There was a iron hook stuck beneath my arm, when I had moved it forced it against the stone and to the side. I winced at the loud sound ringing in my ears. As I finally made it to my knees I got a harsh slap to my cheek. "Don't make so much noise," he told me harshly snapping his hand back to side. Moving to my feet I leaned on the wall for support. I felt like I was going to puke, the world was spinning and swaying in my eyes. I felt hands grab onto my shoulder, pushing me out of the cell door I stumbled against my deft landing on the hard floor. I felt a bruise star to form on the side of my face I had been slapped. Tears almost slipped behind my eyes as my breathe was knocked out of my chest. Bile tan up my throat, filling my mouth till my cheeks were full.

I didn't want to move my sore stomach, or move against the swaying world and rotten headache. But one quick look from Morgan and I was on my feet. "Let's go Tom, we need to get something from good old Gregory." My eyes widened at the name, picking up my pace to meet Morgan's. "What do you mean, you already have the grimoire." My voice was hoarse and quiet. "This isn't the real copy, I've been faked out." He stated making my eyebrows shoot up as well.

My mind drifted of the things he would do to my master. A harsh scene came to mind.

Mr. Gregory laid against the corner, blood pooling below him. Black and blue covered his transparent clamp skin. His eyes were dull and devoid of life, Morgan stuffing a knife into his corpse.

Shivering violently I walked faster, hoping that everything would be okay...

-Hollow Head sighing out