𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒- 𝑀𝑦 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝐸𝑑𝑑𝑖𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑒𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑦𝑎𝑟𝑑 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑘

The three of them were then sat comfortably in their chairs, watching the back of Steve and Kay and onlooking as they made conversation during the opening scenes. It was a strange thing to do- to start speaking while the screen was running, and Harrington didn't seem to like it much either, but continued for the happiness of his date.

Robin positioned her hands in her lap, tapping her foot in rhythm to the boredom touring through her mind. The row went in order of Wheeler sitting closest to the stairs, Buckley sitting in the middle, and Munson taking the furthest inwards. They stayed quiet as the lights flickered with colour, dancing and trailing across the projector.

The movie started as it always did; slow at the start, picking up the pace as the plot continued.

Suddenly, Robin remembered that she had forgotten the key point of visiting the cinema.

"Shit," she whispered, searching her pockets, "I forgot to ask if you two wanted to get anything to eat."

From beside, Eddie chuckled, mischievous antics riveting high.
"You like M&M's?"

Buckley paused.
"Uh... yeah?"

Munson smiled, not stopping the eye contact as he reached down to his pocket, dipped his hand into the fabric and pulled out a share-size bag of the said candy.
"Voila."

She stared at him in disbelief, huffing slightly at the sight of it.
"How did you even fit those in there?"

"Magic, Buckley, magic."

"Well, thank you for the magic." Robin stunted a laugh as he tore open the bag, gesturing for her to cup her hands so he could pour in a load. He then did the same to Wheeler after whispering for her attention, but she denied, lifting her hand up as a stop sign to validate the point.

The hard candies clattered together in Buckley's hand as he let them fall, grouping in her palm and becoming higher by the second. Eddie chuckled at the woman's face, which was obviously displaying concern over whether he was ever going to stop. He rattled the plastic, teasing the possibility of dumping the entire contents- but then he paused and flipped it upright.

The peanuts crunched hard in her mouth; the shells bursting as she bought them to her lips and positioned each one between her teeth. Munson sat happily with the remainder of the bag after splitting them half and half- and Nancy seemed alright with the lack of, just watching the screen in silence, hands placed in lap.

Robin peered down the slope of seats to the position of Steve and Kay. Even though the room was dull in lights, the blue of the shark-ridden ocean reflected for moments of intense brightness; therefore letting the woman see the targets. They seemed happy, both watching the movie in silence, but if any activity arrived during the intermission, she would have to go and find out if it was true.

Intervals in between screenings were practically extinct by that point, but since Hawkins Downtown did everything the old fashioned way, the breaks were still a known thing. The cinema in Starcourt was before it's time. There were never any intermissions during the screening of those, and supposedly it was for the best. Fate had led them to town, so therefore fate had led them to the knowledge of what was happening.

After another estimated ten minutes of staring into the abyss, the screen ran slow, pausing and allowing the lights to flicker back on. Eddie had his feet on the chair in front, resting them over the ledge since there wasn't anyone seated to worry about. Nancy was sat upright, eyebrows scrunched slightly as she stared forward. She seemed to be watching something; watching something carefully as Robin looked towards her.

Wheeler didn't break contact with the sight she was looking upon, but simply nudged the person beside her and tilted her head forward.
As Robin caught the idea that she was meant to look, too, her eyes trailed forward, glueing themselves onto a moving Harrington and a seated Kay.