Remnant Chaser

A sun-scorched desert inhabited by battle-hardened Inklings and Octolings, that is the Splatlands. It's a dry and large place, but I, and every Splatlandian, am proud to call it home. It might not be grandiose like Inkopolis, but it does have its unique charm. The barren wasteland holds many secrets beneath its sandy surface.

While Turf Wars are fun and all, to me, the real fun is venturing out into the wild and seeing what goodies I can recover. Every piece of material shares a story, and the land is rich with history. The Splatlands has many tales to tell, and I'm always on the lookout for more.

I've been living in the Splatlands all my life. I've heard about the luxuries provided in Inkopolis, and to be honest, I do not think I would like such an environment. The hustle and bustle of the city didn't appeal to me. I prefer the chaotic yet freeing nature of the Splatlands. There's something about the desert that just speaks to me. Maybe it's the endless expanses of sand or the way the sunsets paint the sky. Whatever it is, I'm grateful for it. The Splatlands might not be the most hospitable place, but it's my home, and I love it. What we lack in resources, we more than make up for it with heart.

However, while the land is a treasure trove of secrets and adventure, it is also a spicy cesspit of danger. History isn't the only thing lurking in the dunes. Horrific monsters that would make a normal Inkling's skin crawl have made the Splatlands their home, and we have fought to keep them out of ours. Splatsville is known for its chaos, and I'll be splatted before I let a Cod damn worm make mincemeat out of us. This is our turf!

Many in the community, myself included, dedicate their time to searching the desert to find what relics of the past have been left behind for us. It's a shame what people throw out, but hey, another squid's trash is another Octoling's treasure. We call ourselves, Remant Chasers, and no, it is not because it sounds better than treasure trawler, even though it is.

I've stumbled across many objects and relics. Some are interesting, some are weird, and some are just plain odd, but there is one day I hold dear to my three hearts. On that day, I found more than just a cool haul.

I found a new friend, and they would continue to stick with me for many days to come.

~Chaser and the Chum~

The day started like any other, me sitting in my small apartment while preparing for another excursion.

For the mission, I opted to bring my Splattershot since it consumes the least ink of all my weapons, three Splat Bombs, some rope, and enough provisions to get to the afternoon. The rope was for securing large pieces of scrap metal and pulling them. They are the most common materials found in the desert, so with the rope, I make a little carrier to help transport smaller pieces. The junk hauler that enters my dreams and beckons me with its beauty is yet to be mine.

I made sure I had everything I needed. Only a fool would brave the depths of the desert unprepared.

First rule of being a Remnant Chaser, travel light and travel cautiously. Hydration is the number one priority. If you run out of water, it's game over. Carry too much gear, and you'll tire out faster. I can't count how many Inklings and Octolings bring too much with them and collapse in the sun from lack of energy.

Second - light, protective clothing is a must. Avoiding heat stroke is necessary and made easier when you're not bogged down by too much fabric. I recommend a short-sleeved shirt, some shorts, and some comfortable boots to help traverse the sand. I also never leave home without a shawl and some tinted goggles to keep the sun away and the sand out of my eyes.